Touch of Light

Song "Because You Loved Me" - Celine Dion

Lorraine

I receive a text from Lorenzo today. He is back to LA and he wants to invite me to dinner. I contemplate whether I should go. I ask myself 'why not?'

It's Friday night and I would like to relax and have a nice little dinner with a friend. I'm sure Roland doesn't mind if I eat with a guy friend. I'm getting dressed and Laia comes running in.

"Where are you going Auntie Rain?" she asks as she climbs on my bed and starts bouncing.

"I'm heading out to dinner."

"With who? You always go out to dinner." she says while still bouncing.

"Laia... my bed is not a trampoline."

She stops bouncing and rolls down the bed coming right up to me.

"You're so pretty auntie Rain."

I pick her up in my arms. I love my niece Laia Fowler.

"Babydoll... when you grow up, you are going to be even more beautiful than me. "

She looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes and gives me a kiss.

After I finish getting dressed and putting on my makeup, I go down to the kitchen. Lucas and Kyle are both there.

"Hot date again ma belle?" Lucas whistles speak.

I pour myself a glass of red wine that's already open and sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Remember I told you guys I met this guy Lorenza Russo while I was in Paris?"

"Oh that founder and CEO of 'Hawkeye'." Kyle says.

"Yea. He seems like a very sweet man. Very genuine."

"Are you telling me the Lorraine Fowler Harris is finally going to give another man a chance?" Lucas smirks.

"Who says anything about giving anyone a chance. I'm merely going to dinner with a friend who happens to be a man."

Shane comes in and he immediately speeds walk up to me.

"What man? You heading out to dinner with who?" he asks looking directly into my eyes.

"Hi to you too Shaney. I'm heading out to dinner with Lorenzo."

"You want to chaperone them Shaney boy?" teases Lucas.

Shane does not find it amusing. I really wish that he isn't so overprotective of me. I'm no longer that eighteen year old that's running around wild and free. I have a family. I'm a mother to two kids.

"Shaney please don't worry. It's just a dinner and nothing is going to happen. I can take care of myself. I'm thirty not thirteen."

"It's not that I don't want you going out Rain. I want you to have fun and enjoy life too. I'm just worried that these guys have other intentions." He lets out a big sigh.

"What other intentions? You mean like they are after my money?"

"I don't know Rain. But I know they want to be more than friends." he mumbles.

I step closer to him and I caress his cheek looking into his eyes. I can never get over how beautiful his eyes are, the color of the ocean.

 I can never get over how beautiful his eyes are, the color of the ocean