Chapter 18 ♡Cute♡

Momo's POV

          While walking to my classroom, I noticed that Yosetsu wasn't in the halls again. I was starting to worry of his fever had to take him another day absent until when I passed the Class 1-B's classroom, I noticed a lot of his classmates were crowding his desk.

I took a small peak to see what was happening until I noticed that Yosetsu was there, and that he's...sleeping..?

I tapped on Kendo's shoulder since she was the one who was nearest to the door. She turned and looked at me.

"What happened to Yosetsu??" I asked.

"This morning, Yosetsu placed a small note on the refrigerator saying he got here way earlier than us. I guess he woke up too early that he eventually felt tired so he took a nap. Now we're just trying to wake him up since classes are gonna begin soon." Kendo explained.

"Ohhh I see."

I looked at Yosetsu as his head was on his desk with his arms being at least the pillow for him.

"Come on Awase, wake up. School is about to start soon." Kosei shook his friend.

"Five more minutes." He groaned through his arms.

Kendo sighed, "Tetsutetsu, can you please deal with him??"

"Sure."

Tetsutetsu soon slapped Yosetsu's back real hard which made him yell in pain.

"OWWW!!! Did you really had to do that???" Yosetsu rubbed his back from the pain.

"Sorry, Kendo told me to."

He sighed and I noticed that his eyes were kinda red and puffy a bit. Was he crying?? Did something happened?? Or was it just because he woke up too early??

Yosetsu then noticed me and I waved at him with smile to greet him. I was happy that he's back again.

He weakly waved at me but still tried to manage a smile, but it soon faded away as he looked away from me.

I raised a brow in confusion. What happened to him??

I then walked to my classroom and entered it.

I sat down on my chair feeling abbit worried again for Yosetsu. I wasn't sure if he's having a bad day right now or it's because of his fever.

"Hey Yaoyorozu, you okay?"

I turned my head and saw Todoroki looking at me in concern.

"I-I'm alright, I just feel a bit worried about Yosetsu.."

"What's wrong with him?? He seems okay."

"Yeah but when I greeted him a while ago, he seems a bit off. He wasn't the same cheerful Awase I know." I said as I looked away.

I then felt a hand on my shoulder which made me jumped in surprise a bit.

"I'm sure he'll be better soon. He's a strong guy and he knows how to get through things when they get rough." Todoroki reassured me.

I smiled softly, "Thank you, Todoroki."

"No problem." He smiled.

Todoroki soon removed his hand off of my shoulder and asked.

"So...I was wondering...do you wanna eat lunch together?"

"E-Eat lunch together..??" I slightly blushed.

"I-If that's okay with you. But if not then--"

"No no no I would love to actually!! That sounds really nice!" I smiked brightly.

His face beamed up in joy, "Great!!"

"But first, I need to tell Yosetsu about what time he and I will go at my house since he and I will train there." I said to him.

"Of course..not a problem.."

For some reason, his tone changed from sweet to a bit of annoyed. I decided to not question on that again.

Time skip: Lunch time...

"Yosetsu!!" I called him out.

He soon turned around and noticed me.

"Does 8 in the morning sound good to you?? Like the time when we'll be there??" I asked him.

"Oh..sure. I'm okay with that." He replied.

Usually, Yosetsu would smile at a question like this especially if he approves of it. Now, he's just still frowning.

"Hey Yosetsu, are you feeling okay??"

"What makes you say that?" He raised a brow.

"Well it's just...you're not your usual self as always all of a sudden." I said.

He then had his eyes widened in shock, "W-What?? O-Oh I'm so so so sorry, Momo!! I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm fine, I'm always this upset every after I get a fever. Don't worry, I'm not mad at you nor anyone. It's just my stupid behaviour." Yosetsu nervously laughed.

"If you say so.." I replied, still a bit concerned though.

"Oh and I just realized you don't have you bandana on." I pointed out.

"O-Oh uhh yeah, my head felt a bit weird a while ago so I didn't had the mood to wear it as of the moment." Yosetsu scratched the back of his neck.

I giggled, "Well you look cute without it."

I then realized what I just said as I covered my mouth as my face was burning uo and my heart was extremely racing.

What did I just say??!?!?!

He and his friends were actually surprised too.

"U-Uhhh...t-thanks!! You look way cuter than me though-- I-I MEAN UHH..."

His face soon turned red as well in embarrassment.

"Okay okay we get it, you both think of each other cute. Now can we please go get lunch now??" Sen laughed as be dragged Yosetsu with his arm.

"Y-Yeah...bye Momo! See you tomorrow." He waved at me before getting his arm yanked by his friend.

"See you tomorrow, Yosetsu!!" I waved back.

I soon returned in front of the doors of Class 1-A where I see Todoroki coming out now since he had to finish writing his paper.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep!! Let's go."

We both then walked down to the cafeteria together and ate lunch.