Chapter 20 ♡First Lesson♡

Awase's POV

"Sis!!!" Momo's brotger soon came down the stairs, his arms opened wide as he was ready to hug his younger sister.

"Matsu!!" Momo stood up as she ran towards him and gave each other a tight and loving hug.

Well that's just cute.

"How have you been, sis?? Been training hard at U.A.??" He asked.

"Of course, Matsu! I always need to work hard to be the Pro Hero I want to be." She smiled.

His gaze soon landed on me and I felt that glance was already a billion of swords piercing through my heart as I felt my death coming soon.

"So, you're Momo's partner for this project?" He asked as he crossed his arms.

"Y-Yes sir. My name is Yosetsu Awase and I'm from another class but still in the same course as your sister. She has told me a lot of things about you, you seem like a very loving brother to Momo." I said shyly as I waved at him.

A loving brother who has the option to grab my throat.

He soon turned bis expression into a glare which made me gulped.

Momo was also looking at Matsu with a wprried expression as well.

After a bit of an awkward silence, he soon chuckled as he walked towards me and gave me a tight hug...a really tight one.

"You're not so bad as Momo said. She was right, you are quite a gentleman and a very nice guy." He laughed.

OH MY GOSH THANK YOU I'M STILL ALIVE

"W-Well t-that's good t-to know." I replied I tried to speak.

"Matsu, you're gonna break him." Momo chuckled.

"Oh right, sorry." He nervously laughed as he let go of me.

"So anyways, you're from Class 1-B right? I heard your class has a lot of great potential."

"Yeah, we do. We as well are trying to work hard despite having Class 1-A be the one to experience more battles with villains before."

"Yep, even with attacking of villains, sometimes even that big step is already quite huge without having not that much knowledge about it." Matsu replied.

"It's true. It sounds cool yet it is still stressful since not every villains we face are all the same." Momo added.

"I can greatly tell. I'm just glad you all grew a lot from those experiences." I smiled which made Momo slightly blush for some reason.

"And I can't wait to watch you both train!! From just average students to trainees in becoming Pro Heroes is something that I am greatly anticipating today. I'm glad I don't have that much work today so I can watch you guys." He proudly said.

His enthusiasm is kind of scaring me again. I don't want to mess things up while Momo and I train.

"Come on Yosetsu, we better get prepared." Momo said as she led me the way to the training grounds of their house.

We both went to the wide field that's outside and just wore our sports wear. I just used the t-shirt and knee-length shorts I'm using. Momo was the one who changed into different clothes.

"Alright, you ready??" She asked.

"Yep!! So what are we learning 'Master Yaoyorozu'??" I bowed to her teasingly as if we were in karate classes.

She playfully rolled her eyes, "Do you really hace to do that??"

"Well you're the one who's gonna be teaching me, might as well call you by the proper name, right?" I snickered.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Grab this." She handed me a long wooden stick, a type of an item used actually in karate.

She also grabbed one for herself.

"What's this for??" I asked.

"On a scale of 1-10, how fast would you say your reflexes are?" She asked.

I raised a brow, "Ummm...maybe like an 8..??"

"Ok..let's test that." Momo saaid as she and I both went in the field and she and I positioned ourselves.

She soon came to attack me but I then blocked it.

We continued this for quite a while, Momo wasn't attacking me too fast yet I felt like there's something I'm missing here.

She then sped up her speed as she continued to hit me with multpile attacks from different angles and directions, yet I was still able to block them, but her speed was too fast that I felt like I was about to loose my speed too.

Momo soon found attacked me from behind and hit me.

I got knicked down on the ground, groaning as I try to get up.

"You are actually quite fast to respond, yet you weren't quite fast enough to respond and think."

I knew something like that would happen.

"No wonder you wanted to test my reflexes."

"Mhm!" She smiled.

"So...I'm lacking the ability to think when I fight..??"

"No, you're kind of lacking the ability for you to fight and think during a fight at the same time. Like what I did to you: you were too distracted of me hitting you that you weren't able to react to my next move. Not only that but sometimes making predictions on what your opponent is about to do is something you don't usually do either. You mostly have the way in just thinking things right on the spot without actually planning in advance in case of anything like that would happen." Momo explained.

"Oooohhh I see. I guess I have been not thinking properly that much, especially when it comes to people who act as bait or distarctions to me." I nervously laughed.

"That's what I'm here for!!" Momo smiled as she pulled me up to help me stand.

"Just know that I'm technically not the smartest person." I chuckled.

Momo giggled, "You don't need to be as smart as me or anyone to think of a plan or to be able to react fast. You're reflexes and created-thinking are already enough for me to help you increase your quick-thinling when it cimes to fighting."

"Then show me your ways, Master." I bowed again.

"Okay but seriously, you really don't need to do that." She chuckled.

"Well too bad cause I'm gonna keep doing this whether you like it or not." I laughed.

She then joined in and now we both were just laughing.