fifteen

chapter fifteen
didnt forget

(unedited — feel free to correct any errors)

MOOSE and Midge got shot at. only Moose got injured, though, and ended up in hospital. Jackson didn't bother going with Kayden and Benji to visit him — Jackson barely knew the guy —, instead he walked off to Southside high to meet up with Jughead. he stood outside the school for twenty minutes, managed to smoke two cigarettes, and downed his morning dose of jingle jangle behind the bins, because, unfortunately, JJ still hadn't returned.

when Jughead finally decided to show, they spent at least ten minutes at the entrance, because the pins in Jughead's beanie kept setting off the buzzer. when the Jones boy finally got through, Toni Topaz approached, her camera in hand.

"Forsthye Pendleton Jones III," Toni lifted her camera, snapping a quick picture of Jughead.

"uh, its Jughead, actually," Jughead corrected, pulling the ugly beanie of his nest of hair.

"Toni Topaz," she introduced herself, "i was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour of Southside high, but some of the robots went insane and started killing the guest, so we'll just wing it."

Jackson huffed a laugh, and stepped forward to press a short kiss to Tonis hair, "i'm gonna go find Pea and Fangs. don't be too harsh on Jones, he's bit of a sook," Jackson winked at Jughead just as he rolled his eyes, and wandered off down the crowded hallway. he found Sweet Pea and Fangs easily, and swung his arm over Fangs shoulder. he realised he'd walked into an argument.

"hey, guys," he greeted, and mentally crossed his fingers, hoping no one remembered. Toni didn't seem to, nor did Jughead, so hopefully these two hadn't either. Fangs muttered a quick 'hello', Sweet Pea saying his 'hello' a bit louder, and they went back to arguing. Jackson took that as a good sign. that they'd forgotten.

Jackson pulled out his phone when he heard his message tone, noticing a message from JJ.

from: JJ
yo i just got back in town. my place after school?

to: JJ
i'll be there

—————

when Jackson got home from JJ's, he found Sweet Pea, Kayden, Benji, Mastiff, Toni and Fangs, all sat around the lounge room. he had noticed the car missing in the driveway on the way in, and assumed Benji took that as a 'i'm going to invite everyone over because my parents are gone for the night'.

"wheres Lenora and dad?" he asked Benji as he toed off his shoes. Benji just shrugged. Jackson nodded to no one in particular, and made his way to his room. he had a slight limp in his step, that didn't go unnoticed by Mastiff. she started laughing loudly. Jackson kept walking, knowing full well what she was laughing at.

he dumped his bag on the messy floor of Sweet Peas room. Mastiff had taken over Jacksons bedroom — he slept in Sweet Peas — and had it cleaner that it was when he first moved in. the only proof that it was ever Jacksons room, was his clothes shoved into the cupboard.

when Jackson returned to the lounge, Mastiff was still giggling to herself. the rest stared at her, confused. Jackson flipped her off, causing her to wheeze and throw her head back.

"why are you limping?" Kayden suddenly asked, and just like that, Mastiff was on the floor. she was laughing but not making any sound, most likely not even breathing. Jackson usually laughed along with her during her little laughing fits, but this time he sighed and plopped behind Sweet Pea — who was on the floor — on the couch.