ONE

· 。゚❁ུ۪: *.☽ ˚ ⋆ ・。
▎ 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 ▎
[I] ━━ starting today, you are a host!

☽ ˚ ⋆ ・。▎ 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓    ▎ [I] ━━ starting today, you are a host!

"out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field.
i'll meet you there.
when the soul lies down in that grass the world is too full to talk about."

- rumi

"𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐔, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆,"

The brunette turned to her friend immediately, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. She had been caught thinking to herself.

Ryuu swiped his dark hair from his eyes, getting a better view of Haruhi's expression, feeling some sympathy for the girl. He more often than not caught her in situations where she would drift off thinking about her mother—talking to her mother. Ryuu used to relate to her sadness, with his dad gone, but it only took him getting older to realize that—daddy was gone because he didn't want him. Nothing like what Haruhi went through.

Haruhi Fujioka had been best friends with Ryuu Murakami for years, their mothers having met in their high school days, and bringing them together nearly as soon as they were born. There had been wishes of them falling in love and getting married as they grew up, but Haruhi's mother passed and Ryuu's father left, and such things fell to deaf ears. Ryuu's mother of course treated Haruhi as her own child, attending to her son's best friend as a stand-in mother.

She helped Haruhi acclimate to not having her mom around thereafter and Haruhi helped her adjust to her husband leaving their family for another woman.

"Haru, look at me." Ryuu paused in step, reaching out to tug Haruhi by the back of her shirt. "You're staring off into space, you're going to run into a wall."

Ryuu sighed as Haruhi hummed in response, blinking at him through her wide glasses.

"Mom would scold you if she saw you doze off like that." Ryuu said, his eyes searching Haruhi's when she released a snort.