FIVE

· 。゚❁ུ۪: *.☽ ˚ ⋆ ・。
▎ 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓    ▎
[V] ━━ the twins fight!

"or might the soul clone itself,create a perfect imitation of something yet to be defined? in this way,can a reflection be altered?"

create a perfect imitation of something yet to be defined?
in this way,
can a reflection be altered?"

- ellen hopkins

THAT MORNING, RYUU HAD WOKEN UP IN A MISERABLE MOOD

He was tired from homework. He was sore from work. He was covered in bruises from tripping over his own dumb feet. And he was especially pissed off because of the Host Club.

It was so bad that he barely had the strength to pull on his uniform, and when his mom wished him a good day at school he just waved. Normally, he'd dive headfirst into her arms and savor the feeling of his mom wrapping her arms around him—her hugs were the best after all. But that morning he couldn't muster up the spirit to do more than roll out of bed, "get dressed", and drag himself out the door. On any other day, the thought of going to school without taking a shower or brushing his teeth was enough to make his skin crawl. Ryuu hadn't even covered his bruises that morning.

But he just... couldn't.

And the mountain of problems was the perfect recipe for the worst day ever.

Haruhi sent him a curious look as he walked out of his apartment. Typically, Ryuu would eat breakfast at her apartment before they left for school together, but she had just been waiting outside for six minutes. She knew something was wrong immediately.

"Yuu?" Haruhi asked, brows set in a frown. "Are you okay?"

He only hummed in response, lowering his head so the sun couldn't penetrate his curtain of bangs. He had a pounding headache.

Haruhi blinked.

Something was very wrong.

They walked to school in silence, a drastic contrast to their usual banter and sarcastic jokes. Ryuu simply trudged along, half alive as they climbed the stairs and slowly made it through the halls. Ryuu barely did anything other than rest his head on his desk in home room, and when he and Haruhi split up he didn't even say goodbye. He was almost like a completely different person.