FOUR

· 。゚❁ུ۪: *.☽ ˚ ⋆ ・。
▎ 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓    ▎
[IV] ━━ attack of the lady manager!

"it is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty, or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being

or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving,
caring human being."

- john joseph powell

"SEE YOU LATER, HARU!"

"Bye! Don't work too hard!" Haruhi waved from the top of her apartment's stairs.

Ryuu returned the gesture, quickly adjusting his work shoes and straightening his sweater. It had been incredibly busy at the Host Club earlier that day, so Ryuu had to rush to get his uniform off and get into his baggy work clothes. He was a little late, but he was sure his mom wouldn't mind, it was only three measly minutes after all. Thankfully, his mom's restaurant didn't get very crowded until people got out of work, otherwise he would be more afraid.

It took him only a few minutes to get there, but by the looks of the produce boxes next to the back door, she had received her weekly delivery a day earlier than anticipated. Which meant Ryuu was going to be stacking product. All afternoon. Awesome.

Throwing open the door, he was met with the chaotic scene of his mother's small, traditional Japanese restaurant. From the backdoor, it lead directly into the kitchen, so Ryuu had to duck and dodge a few people as he walked in.

"Hey, kid!"

Ryuu spun, suddenly face-to-face with one of the chefs. The shorter boy smiled. "Hey, Asahi-senpai. How's the shift been?"

Asahi was one of the friendlier people that worked for his mom. Amongst the small and close-knit staff, he was the closest to Ryuu in age—only being five or six years older than the boy. He was tall and stalky, and always wore a smile on his face. In the simplest terms, Asahi was like a breath of fresh air.