IV

As the matted haired girl rewoke from her slumber, she untangled from her new silk sheets after hearing a loud crash hit the wooden floor from under her room

As the matted haired girl rewoke from her slumber, she untangled from her new silk sheets after hearing a loud crash hit the wooden floor from under her room. "Damon seriously! You couldn't keep it in your pants for 5 seconds?" A fellow blonde whines crossing her arms in defense. Ophelia walks down the stairs shivering at the cold steps piercing her warm feet. The girl moves her head to the side seeing around a 30 year old man keep his gaze on her as she moves her hair away that once framed her face which now were behind her ears. Concentrating on every step she made, the girl grips the railing to finally meet the group in front of her. "One, we did nothing. Two—this is Ophelia," the girl waves as he continues to introduce everyone. After he explains everything the so called Bennett witch—who I've had a bad experience with the bloodline in the past lifetimes somewhat gloats at Damon,"As I said, I have enough power to take down Klaus on my own." It was as if everything in time froze by hearing the simple name 'Klaus'. "Niklaus.." as people would formally call him or as his sister—Rebekah would call him, "Nik" as so did his lover. She feels her eyes glaze over with wetness as they watch her throat collapse with confusion and worry. "You've heard of him?" Elena asked in an accusing tone as if she had said something inappropriate towards her causing the girl to snap out of thought. Alaric wanted nothing more than to protect the girl but knew this wasn't worth blowing his cover over. Rick clenches his jaw after seeing Damon pull out a syringe filled with some clear liquid—Chloroform. Before the girl could answer, her vision got blurry and she slowly fell into an abyss of nothing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wakey wakey," the dark haired man muffled in the background as he watches the girl blindly opens her eyes. "Please don't hurt me..." the girl groggily squeaks watching as the blurry man bends down to her level "—I won't have to unless needed." Damon coos as if she were a child and boops her nose playfully with his index finger. He asks how she knows Klaus only for the girl to reject in a painfully whiny voice, "No. No. No. I won't—I won't say anything..." The girl lazily turns her head to the away from the man in weakness then feels the man grip her chin angrily. "Don't touch me, please don't touch me." Ophelia mumbles flinching at his sudden movement of annoyance then watches the man turn to Stefan who was now in the cell standing a few feet behind him, "Let me speak to her. She probably doesn't need your madness considering she's confused and probably alone." The raven haired man scoffs ripping his hand away from her chin then stands up glancing at Stefan as he walks out slamming the door. The blonde kneels in the same place as his brother was and whispers in a calm tone, "Could you please tell us how you know Klaus? Honestly any information would help us—" Ophelia interrupts him with a snap, "—defeat him right?" She feels tears brim her eyes as she bites her lip feeling the closing in her throat for the second time. "You don't understand how evil he is, he's trying to hurt Elena." Her head turns to the side seeing a glint of pain in his eyes—almost the same pain she felt when she got taken to the Catholic Orphanage. The girl takes a deep breath knowing she'll soon regret her decision and lays a hand on his cheek. Stefan watched as a young girl, probably around 7 or 8 walking in circles slowly in the fresh grass of Mystic Falls holding a book labeled Midnight Summers Dream by William Shakespeare(pretend it existed in that time lol). The girl now looks up to see a young boy painting a piece of art on a frail piece of paper. Ophelia slowly walks closer not to disturb the boy and sees beautiful colors painted with fruits that she had never been able to get her hands on. "toujours et pour toujours" she whispers to herself loud enough for the boy to hear. He turns his face towards the girl and knits his brows together in confusion then looks at the girls book, "l'amour ne regarde pas avec les yeux..." she smiles at his fluent french tongue (I used google translate so if it sucks don't attack me). "—but with the mind." Ophelia doesn't take her eyes off of the painting as he finishes, "—and therefore is winged Cupid blind." The girl sits down on the wet grass not caring if she dirtied her dress and takes one of the raspberries plopping it in her mouth. "Niklaus." The child speaks up watching the girl turn her head to the side in slight befuddle. "My name is Niklaus, I apologize." He chuckles nervous as the beautiful chuckles lightly. "Hi Nik I'm Ophelia pleasure to meet you."  After showing him how we met I showed him how I went under a sleeping spell then let go of his cheek which would be hot if he wasn't a vampire.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a few hours of Stefan—who I particularly liked, and his friends debating on whether or not I should attend a 60's party decided it would be better if I just stayed at the Salvatore Boarding House instead of worrying if I sabotaged their plan which I kind of despised but understood, I was now staring out the window which offered a view of the dark sky dazzled by stars. Ophelia started to shift out of reality and moved to her thoughts about how Stefan called Klaus evil. Was he really evil? He was probably just like any other vampire who killed innocent people but what was different about him was that he upheld the villain stereotype, living up to his true vampirism. But was he evil? She didn't think that even if he did change as a person—literally. One thing she knew was that she stared at the sky out of harms way to running to where she first hid from—Mystic falls. The cool breeze of the night reminded her of throwing herself off of the church's window...the crunch of each leaf and branch also reminded her of ending up on a man's doorstep which led her to the pale girl's downfall. Ophelia runs through the back doors and yells her lovers name as it echos through the lockers. "Hello love."