Part 4

Bellamy was in a bit of a panic. Clarke wasn't in bed when he woke up which wasn't a big deal at first, but it had been twenty minutes, and nobody who he asked knew where she was. The thing that bothered him the most was that he didn't know where Raven was, either.

Finally, Bellamy saw Wick coming out of his tent and prayed that he knew something that everyone else in Camp Jaha didn't.

"Hey," Bellamy said, jogging over to him. "Have you seen Clarke?"

The both of them started walking back toward Mecha Station. "Well, hello to you, too," he said sarcastically. "And yeah, she was in the kitchens an hour ago, but I doubt she's there anymore."

"The kitchens?" Bellamy questioned.

Wick shrugged. "She was doing something by the sink. I tried talking to her, but she seemed pretty distracted."

Bellamy sighed. "And Raven?"

"She's not good." Wick hesitated then continued. "I heard her cut the power to her gate this morning, and I tried to get her to come back, but Raven's stubborn."

Well, at least Bellamy knew Clarke's limbs would be intact when he found her. "Yeah, no kidding. Did she take a gun with her at least?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't have let her leave without one," Wick said.

Bellamy felt a little better knowing that Raven had someone else to look out for her besides Finn, but he knew it didn't make much of a difference to her now.

"Thanks again for last night. I know I didn't give you much of a choice," Bellamy said as they stopped in front of the kitchens.

"Yeah, no problem, I'd do anything for Raven," Wick admitted. He noticed the anxiousness in Bellamy. "Go. Make sure your girl is okay."

Bellamy raised his eyebrow. "What do you,-" he started.

"Oh, come on, Blake. Do you really think everyone's that blind?" Wick chided. "I heard how you stood in front of an angry mob last night and defended Clarke. If that's not a proclamation of love, then I don't know what is." Bellamy blushed as Wick just smirked. "Now, go. I'll let you know if you need to worry about Raven."

Bellamy nodded and went through the kitchen door. Wick was right, if Clarke was in there an hour ago, she probably wasn't anymore. It was a start, though.

___________________________________________________________________

Clarke heard Bellamy come up behind her, but she didn't stop scrubbing her hands. She wasn't sure how long she'd been at it, but she could still feel the blood seeping through her fingers. Part of her knew there was no blood, but the image of Finn's dead body hung stronger in her mind.

She saw Bellamy turn off the faucet, but she kept scrubbing. She heard him grab a towel and try to grab her hands, but she kept scrubbing. She heard him speak her name softly, but she kept scrubbing. Clarke finally snapped out of it when Bellamy literally pried her hands apart from each other.

"The- the blood," she muttered, trying to rip her wrists from Bellamy's grip.

"Clarke," he spoke convincingly. "There is no blood."

"What- yes, there is," Clarke replied breathlessly to Bellamy like he was crazy for not seeing it.

Bellamy shook his head. "You cleaned the blood off your hands last night in your tent. I watched you do it. There is no blood," he emphasized.

When Clarke looked down at her hands again, she did see red but not from blood. It was red rawness she had scrubbed and scratched into her own hands that burned like a sunburn when Bellamy ran his thumb over the back of them.