Part 2

This is still during the two day time skip. Part 3 will be right after Finn's death. Enjoy:)

When Bellamy woke up the next morning, Clarke wasn't next to him. He sat up and saw that her boots and jacket were gone, too. He could hear voices talking right outside his tent, Clarke's being one of them. Bellamy got up and threw on his own jacket and shoes before walking out into the blinding sun.

"Morning," he greeted Clarke, walking up behind her.

She turned around and looked anything but happy. "When were you going to tell me that you guys saw Grounders yesterday?" She demanded.

Bellamy looked to Kane and Abby, hoping they would back him up somehow. When they didn't, he took a breath and led Clarke back in his tent.

"I lied to you last night," he admitted.

Clarke stood near the exit with her arms crossed over her chest. "Really," she said flatly.

"It's just that you were so worried, and it really wasn't that big of a deal-"

"That big of a deal?" Clarke interrupted. "Bellamy, you heard the Grounders planning an attack on Mount Weather to capture our friends as hostages to use against us. That's a pretty big deal."

"It's a big deal if they ever get the chance to get to Mount Weather. We're not going to let that happen." Bellamy sat down on his cot. "What happened yesterday is being blown out of proportion by Kane. We had heard a group of Grounders talking about wanting to attack Mount Weather because they thought we were somehow connected to them.

 "Their commander wasn't even there, Clarke. Yes, we need to get to Mount Weather to save our people, but the Grounders won't attack today or tomorrow. It's all just talk."

Clarke was still frustrated but not so much at Bellamy anymore. She sat down next to him. "We still need to get a team out there, to figure out what we're up against. I didn't get much of a chance to look around when Anya and I got out. But with this whole thing with Finn, my mom's not focused on much else until they come up with a decision on what to do with him."

Bellamy rested his hand on Clarke's knee. "We'll figure something out. If no decision is made about Finn in the next two days, we'll get Raven and go by ourselves."

Clarke just sighed. "Yeah, okay."

"What else is bothering you?" Bellamy asked, concerned.

"We know that Mount Weather is controlling the Reapers which means they have more power than we thought. I'm thinking that we're going to need more than just us to get through those doors."

"You're suggesting we make peace with the Grounders," Bellamy clarified.

"Yes- I don't know. I think we're naïve to think we can do this by ourselves."

Bellamy chuckled and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her into him. "Have a little faith, Clarke," he said jokingly. "I do agree with you, though. We're not strong enough by ourselves."

He kissed the top of Clarke's head, and she pulled out of the embrace. "Did you guys even make it to the dropship?"

Bellamy shook his head. "It would've been too dangerous."

Clarke ran a hand through her hair. "I'm always going to worry about you, you know," she said. "Hell, I was even worried about you when Dax tried to kill you, and I didn't even like you then."

Bellamy smiled. "You know I worry about you, too, Clarke, but if there was ever a situation where it's between me or you, you better choose yourself every time. This place would fall apart without you."

"I think I'll take that risk. I don't think I can handle pulling another lever on you, hoping I'm not getting you killed in the process. I've done that once, and it cowardly and selfish of me."

This was the first time Bellamy and Clarke had time to actually discuss what happened. Bellamy in no way blamed Clarke for what she did, and he couldn't believe she thought she was selfish.

"Hey, you saved so many people. Don't think for a second that you aren't the reason we're all still alive. If you love someone, set them free, right? I came back to you, Clarke, and I always will because I love you."

Clarke was shocked to say the least after that, but when Bellamy kissed her, she kissed him back twice as hard. "I love you, too," she said against his lips.  

 Thanks for reading! Let me know what you thought :)