Chapter 1

I had just sat down at the seat I always sit in for history. I turned my attention to the page I'm doodling on instead of my teacher, who was begging to talk, assuming that it was going to be another boring lecture like always. Until something he said caught my attention,

"we will be having a new student join us today!" He announced happily. I snap my head up when I heard someone else walking into the classroom. The person walking in was a tall, dark-skinned boy wearing ripped skinny jeans and a denim jacket over a gray shirt, "Class meat Lafayette, he is our new student. he has just transferred here from...." He trails off signaling to Lafayette,

"I'm from France," Lafayette continues. Lafayette looks over at Thomas Jefferson and gives a friendly smile and wave, Thomas Jefferson was a kid in my class who went to France every summer.

"Aren't you cousins with Thomas over here?" the teacher asked. The new student nodded. There was one seat in between me and Thomas, Thomas wasn't necessarily mean, but he just kind of ignored me. Along with anybody else that wasn't James Madison. "Well feel free to take a seat," The teacher said. Lafayette came and sat at the seat between me and Jefferson. he looks over to me and greets me kindly,

"Hello, I'm John, John Lawrence,"

"bonjour John, I'm Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de LaFayette," my eyes widened at how many names that he had. He chuckles a bit, "yeah I know it's pretty long," We turn our focus back to the teacher, who goes on some boring lecture about the revolutionary war. After a while, I and Lafayette became good friends, and eventually, we became more than that...

I remember the day I meet Laff, which probably explains the deja vu feeling I feel now, The teacher just announced that we have a new student, who's supposed to come in any time now. I was sitting next to my boyfriend, Laff, who was texting Herc, our friend who is currently in Math, about all of us, meeting up at the pizza place on campus that Aaron works at.

"Sorry I'm late, Mr.Schuyler" I look up at the person who walked in, he was a bit short, with dark, brushed-back hair. He was wearing a shirt with a sweater vest and dark beige slacks.

"Ah, Mr.Hamilton, would you please introduce yourself to the class." The teacher ushers the new boy to the front of the class.

"What's your name, man!" Some random kid yelled, a wave of giggle went over the class,

"Uh, hello, My name is Alexander Hamilton, I just moved here from Scotland," The boy, Alexander, apparently, like Laff, was also an immigrant.

"Oh, so how is your family liking New York?" The teacher asks

"it's just me, actually," he said hesitantly. Alexander awkwardly nodded and made his way to the seat in front of me. I look over to Laff, he nodded to Alexander. I knew he wanted to introduce himself. He balled up a bit of paper and lightly tossed it at him to get his attention. Alex looked over, confused.

"Bonjour Hamilton, I'm Lafayette, and this is my boyfriend John," He introduced the both of us and we all shared kind looks.

"Hello to the both of you, parlez-vous Tous Les Deux couramment français?" He asked, we nodded,

"I'm not the best at speaking it, but my parents teched me Latin, which helped Laff teach me french," I tell him, proudly.

"That's actually really cool John, are you fluent Lafayette?" I think I might have blushed a bit at his compliment, but that's unimportant. Laff explains how he moved in with his cousin, Thomas, not too long ago. Time seemed to fly by and before I knew it, class was over. Me and Laff made our way to the cafeteria and looked for some people we knew. I see Herc wave at us from the corner of my eye. Grabbing Laff's hand, I hurried over.

"No Aaron, you don't understand, He turned himself into a pickle!" It seems that Aaron was in another debate about some stupid topic,

"Hey guys," I say, taking them out of their feud.

"Hey John, so you're all coming for pizza right?" Aaron asks, we all nod, and Lafayette drums on the table happily. "Great, my shift ends at seven, get there around then and food will still be hot." We all agreed to meet there at 7.

~~time skip~~

We all sit at our usual table at 'Izino's campus pizza', I sit by Laff, who sits across from Herc, who sits by Aaron. We wait for Aaron to finish his shift. Laff and Herc start talking about some pickle guy, I check my phone,

2 messages Girl in blue

Hey John! Did you see the new kid??

Yeah, his name is Alexander

... He's pretty cute-

OMG GIRL GO FOR IT!!!

you think he's single??

Idk, just talk to himmm I gtg, talk to you later!!

Cya John 😋

---------------------

I put away my phone as Aaron walks up to the table. "I hope you guys don't mind, I brought a friend with me today," he says as he pulls up a fifth chair to the table.

"sure no problem," I announced.

"you have friends!?!" Herc yells. Aaron gives him a look. Lafayette looks up to see who it is immediately he screams,

"Alex!!" raising both hands, Alex flushes a bit and awkwardly takes a seat at the end of the table.

"I take it you've already met?" Aaron inferred. Me and Laff nod. Aaron puts down a large cheese pizza and we all dig in.

"so Alex, what made you move to New York?" Herc asks. Alex shrugs and says,

"I got a scholarship, and Mr. Washington found me a job to help pay for the dorm,"

"Who do you share a dorm with?" I ask.

"Ah, that would be me," Aaron answers for him. At this school, dorm mates are often your first friend. Herc and Laff got lucky and we're paired together, I wasn't so fortunate. My dorm mate is the one and only, George, or King George as everyone calls him. He is the most extra, stuck up, homophobic, absolute DICK you will ever have the displeasure of meeting. That being said, I do my best to stay out as much as possible. The days fly by with Alex around, after a month we became close friends. It has been about 3 months since Hamilton showed up in our lives. It feels like longer though, probably because a lot has changed. Me and Laff ended things, there were no hard feelings and we are still great friends, but that's all we were ever going to be, friends. Alex joined the debate team, along with Aaron and Thomas. I got a job at the Cafe and Eliza got me a pet turtle!! So yeah, lots have changed. And I'm living for it.

Hey guys!! I hope you like this story so far! I promise it will get better! Also, if you couldn't tell, the girl in blue is Eliza Well I won't want any more of your time, happy reading ❤

Word count: 1204