1.5

•- Quincie Jackson -•

Elijah kept to his word and when he landed in England six hours later and had arrived at the hospital with his family.

"How is Max?" He asks with a sigh.

I could hear the machines in the background beeping and the muffled conversation from who I assume to be his father and mother but I was unsure.

"He's good! We went for a walk and when we got back he curled up on the couch beside me," I turn to Max as I speak of him and run my fingers through his lengthy coat.

"I know it's an inconvenience. I would hate myself if I didn't fly out here."

I glance at the clock seeing that it was almost 2 and as it was thankfully a Friday, I had no intention of going to sleep anytime soon.

"How is your mom? If it's not too sensitive of a topic."

"She's hanging in there. The doctors think she had a heart attack. Minor, and she's recovering, but she'll be in the hospital for a few days."

I sink into the couch and Max groans at my movement. I smile down at him before he rolls to his back with his head rested on my lap.

"I'm happy to hear she's doing okay."

I hear his movements as the chair he was sitting on was uncomfortable I'm sure.

Hospital furniture is always uncomfortable.

There was muffled talking in the background and a burst of short laughter from Elijah. It was relaxed and calm but you could still tell he felt sympathetic towards his mother.

"I'll let you go, Elijah. Go spend time with your mom and don't worry about a thing. I've got Max curled up on my lap and I'm sure I won't be leaving his side for a while."

There was a pause on his end before he says, "You can stay there if you'd like. If it's too weird don't worry about it but I know Max would love the company."

I think about it for a moment. I had thought about taking Max downstairs to our apartment for the night but Grace was already well asleep before I came back up to check on Max tonight. He was no small dog and I feared waking them up.

"Are you sure? Because I can take him downstairs-"

Elijah interrupts me quickly, "Quincie, I'm sure. The bed is very comfortable and big enough for the both of you. There's an extra toothbrush in the drawer if you need it and if you want you can borrow one of my shirts."

Before I could think about it I nod. Then the realization that he couldn't see me hits and I smile to myself, "Okay, if you're sure."

"I am," he quickly responds, "And Quincie? About earlier? I was being a selfish asshole. I was thinking about it the flight over nonstop. I should have handled the situation better. I guess seeing you with Anthony made me a bit jealous and I shouldn't have acted the way I did. Can you forgive me?"

I was stunned by his words. I mean I had my raising suspicions that he was jealous for some unjust reason but I couldn't let myself find the truth in it. It was wrong for him to have any hit of jealousy towards my relationships and I thought that so as I question him.

"Why?"

He was silent for a moment, "Why what?"

"Why were you jealous?"

There was a long tired sigh and I was about to retract my question before he beats me to it.

"I don't know, Quincie. I wish I did, and I know it sounds bad considering my position but I was jealous and I took that out on both you and him and I truly am sorry."