punz || red

plot: y/n's journal entry ab their beloved punzo

tw // none really, 

pronouns: they/them

arc: eggpire

entry 69

punz. 

the egg got him. i never thought he would ever even consider for a moment about joining that treacherous thing. when i first saw him after i heard the news about the egg claiming him, i was just, what's the word? shocked? fearful? i'll find a word eventually. 

his eyes. that's what i noticed first. his eyes weren't the beautiful pervenche i would see everyday. they were red. they didn't hold the true joy and excitement they did back then. they held a fake joy and excitement, a feeling one could use to toy and manipulate someone with, like dream did with the minors. 

he came to me after he joined them. punz came to me, and he tried getting me to join him. he kept making promises. he kept promising me life would be better. that our relationship would grow more and more stronger if i just joined him. i shook him off and told him i wouldn't join the egg. he grew angry with me. he's never grown angry with me before. 

i got scared, i ran off, before i went out of earshot, though, he called out to me. his voice wasn't the nice, gentle tone he used normally with me and the people he's close with...it was, dark. evil, almost. i had turned my head slightly to get a good look at him while he called to me, and he was just standing there, his axe in hand, smiling. 

he called out. he said. 

"you will join."

you will join.

y o u  w i l l  j o i n.

i'll never forget his red eyes. the eyes that haunt me when i even so much close my eyes for a nanosecond. 

red red red. 

r e d  r e d  r e d.