18: Confession

Shawn

I was honestly terrified after what those girls told me. Zayn's an asshole, it's not a secret, but would he really go out of his way for Y/N's girlfriend's affection? Did he really murder her just to be with Perrie?

If it's true, he's fucking sick.

We had football practice today and I was the first one in the locker room. The whole practice, I felt Zayn's eyes on me, but they never were.

My heart is shaking as I'm grabbing my bag. I take my phone out and called Perrie.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Shawn. Practice is over, but he's showering," I say, staring in the direction of the showers. "Okay, use the signal when he comes back."

"Gotcha," just as I said that, the Pakistani comes in wearing just his sweat pants and a school t-shirt. "Okay, love you, Mom," I say a bit obviously, and she mutes her mic. I "hang up" my phone and slip it into my pocket with the mic facing up.

"What're you still doing here, Mendes?" He asks while packing his bag. "Just waiting for my mom," I answer easily. "A'right. What's it like being with future pros?" He asks boastfully.

Though, his body language and face didn't match his tone. "I like it. You guys are helpful," I say, which is true. "As coach says, teamwork makes the dream work."

I give a weak, awkward chuckle, "Yeah."

The room go silent and he turns to look at me with an unreadable expression. He glances over at the exit then begins walking around. I watch curiously as he scopes the empty rows of lockers.

He makes it back to me, looking up at me since I'm a little taller than the older boy.

"I'm gonna tell you somethin', and if you go telling anybody, I'll make sure the same goes for you, you get me?" I swallow the lump in my throat and nod, "Yeah, I won't say anything."

He then grabs the front of my shirt and pushes me against the locker.

"I'm serious, 9. You won't ever be able to walk, let alone play again. You hear me?" He threatens and I nod again, "Yeah, man, you got it."

He eases up on me and smooths out the spot he gripped. "Good. Now, this is some serious shit and if it gets out, I'm looking at time."

That right there turned my blood into ice and my heart pounded in my ears.

"What is it?" I ask steadily as he sits on the bench on his side. He leans forward with his elbows on his knees. "Do you know who Perrie Edwards is?"

"Just that she's in one of my classes," I say and he nods thoughtfully. "Her girlfriend was one of my best friends and we played football together since year 7. Now, I told her one day that I had feelings for Perrie and she flat out told me that she wouldn't go for me because I can be an arsehole."

I watch him carefully as he spoke, wondering how the girls are taking it.

———
Perrie

"...because I can be an arsehole."

"You ARE an arsehole, you bitch!" Jade rages as Camila restrains her on her lap. I had called everyone over so we could hear this bastard's confession in real time.

Most just listened, but just the sound of Zayn's voice triggers her. Hell, hearing his name alone makes her angry.

I don't know what to feel.

I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm broken.

There's no doubt to any of us that he killed our Biscuit. He took away our light now our world is dull and dimmed.