Fighting Fate 3

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and places mentioned. All the places are fictional and any resemblance is a mere coincidence.

$$$$$$$$$$

"Hum darshakon ko btaty chalain k ab agar contestant Daya ny last target pe perfectly hit kr liya to wo iss under nineteen shooting competition k veejayta kehlayengy..."

A drop of sweat slipped from his forehead stopping near the edge of his right eye; showing how tense he was, a single shot will decide whether he will win or lose? He took a deep breath and clutched the gun with his sweaty right hand tightly. His hand trembled; he tried to calm his nerves down and stop the trembling. When the trembling didn't stop he used his left hand to support his hand. He closed his eyes for a moment, took a deep breath and opened the eyes again. He took his aim and shoot. Sound of bullet hitting the target was heard.

The crowd broke in wild cheering; they were shouting, hooting and whistling. The bullet had hit the bulls-eye. He looked at the target and smiled. He had won the competition, another victory he had claimed. His hand was still trembling; he looked at his hand and smile with satisfaction. His brother had taught him how to shoot; now he has made his brother proud. All the years of hard work he has put to hone this skill finally paid off. A feeling of contentment washed over him. He has become the shooting champion at the age of fourteen.

"or issi k sath iss saal ka under nineteen shooting competition apny ant ko pohachta hai...or iss saal ka veejayta Mr. Daya shirivastava ko ghoshit kiya jaata hai... Mr. Daya sy nivedan hai k wo munch pr tashreef ly ayein..."

Daya stepped on the stage and received the honor given to him by chief minister of the state; who appreciated his skills, the announcer was also saying something. But his ears were deaf to what people around him were saying. He was lost in the thoughts of how his brother, mother and father; who is in the heaven; will be proud of him. He was exhilarated to show his achievement to his family. He wanted this whole ceremony to be over in a blink so that he could fly to his house. It took another two hours before he could go home. When he left for home it was already 7 P.M. He reached home after 8 as it was the rush hour, till then Abhijeet had already arrived after his duty.

$$$$$$$$$$

He entered inside quietly; as he had saw Abhijeet's bike in the garage. He came inside the lounge saw him sitting on the sofa, he tip-toed there and placed his hands on the Abhijeet's eyes.

Abhijeet smiled, took his hands in his own and made him sit beside himself: a gaya mera champion?

Daya looked at him with shocked eyes: tumhy kesy pata chala?

Abhijeet chuckled: bhai tera chehra itna chamak raha hai khushi sy to mjhe pata to chalna tha na... (look at his bright and smiley face) tera chehra parhna bht achy sy janta hun... (with a deep smile) khuli kitab ki tarhan hai tu... jissy parhna bilkul bhi mushkil nhi...

Daya in confusion: kiya bhaiya itni mushkil mushkil baatain karty ho, normal baatain kiya karo na yaar...

Abhijeet just ruffled his hair in a smile.

Daya gave him a broad smile while giving him the certificate; he took his medal out and placed it around Abhijeet's neck: or yeh medal mai dedicate krta hun apny piyare (side hugging him) bhaiya ko... jinhony mjhe itni zabardast shooting seekhai...

Abhijeet's heart got full with love and pleasure after seeing the accomplishment of his little baby... he was feeling like his chest has gone broader. Abhijeet gave him his medal back with: yeh tum apny pass he rakho... (Daya took it back and gave a confused look to him, so Abhijeet decided to mess with him) mere pass mera apna hai...