Fighting Fate 12

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and places mentioned. All the places are fictional and any resemblance is a mere coincidence.

$$$$$$$$$$

One night, Daya woke up due to severe muscle cramps in his right leg. He sat upon his bed and held his leg. He started rubbing to ease the pain. After ten minutes, it seemed like his muscle cramp started to subside. He took a deep breath to control his ragged breathing.

He in pain tried to straighten his leg but couldn't do so. Regardless, he continued to try to sleep but the pain did not allow him to sleep. The sunlight spread painting the sky in yellow colour. Daya looked out of the window, birds were chirping outside welcoming the new morning. Daya tried to get up; he put his leg down from the bed. The pain was still there not allowing him to move his right leg. It was the first time something like that had happened to him. He tried to stand up yet his leg didn't allow. He kept sitting there without knowing how much time went by. He was just blankly staring at the front wall without having any thoughts in mind.

He was jerked out of his dilemma after listening to the door's opening voice. He looked at the door and found that Abhijeet was coming inside while buttoning his cuff. Abhijeet still doing his task started: Daya jaldi uth jaa... nashta tayar hai... Maa wait kr rhi hain...

Daya looked at him and then the wall clock, which showed that it was 7:45 am. Abhijeet hadn't noticed till then that Daya was awake, which would be a miracle according to him. Abhijeet looked up and found Daya was awake. He was astonished to see him awake: Arrey Wah... aj to tum mere uthany sy pehly hi uth gaye... (smiled) Acha hai... chalo ab jaldi sy nashta krny k liye aa jao...

Daya glanced at him and nodded his head in yes: G... aap chalain mai aata hun...

Abhijeet did not waste any more time as he was already getting late for the bureau.

Daya stood up after getting the support of the bed crown. He limped to the washroom. After freshening up he went to dining. Disha noticed his limping: kya hua Daya esy kyun chal rhy ho?

Daya replied nonchalantly: kuch nhi hua... bs spasms hain... aapko to maloom hai na... ho jata kabhi kabhi...

Disha nodded understandably. Abhijeet just glanced at him and continued reading the newspaper. They had breakfast with light chat. After breakfast, everybody got busy with their tasks; Abhijeet left for the bureau. Daya went to the lounge to watch T.V.

$$$$$$$$$$

Disha was working in the kitchen when she heard a water dripping sound. She checked all the taps but couldn't find the source. When she was crossing the Daya's door, she heard the sound was coming from inside. She went in, the sound got louder. She entered the washroom to find that the tap was open and water was flowing out of it in great speed. She shook her head in disappointment. Daya had left the tap running after freshening up. She closed the tap and came out of the room. She went to the lounge and stood in front of Daya.

Disha with hands on her waist: Daya... kya hai yeh sb...

Daya was trying to look past her figure to watch his show. He in ignorance asked her: kya... kya hai?

Disha chewing her every word: Aap washroom mai pani ka nal khula chor aye?

Daya, who was trying to watch T.V. looked at her and scratched his head with a small confusing laugh: oops... bhul gaya... (he put the remote on the side to stand up) rehny do... kr diya hai maine band...pata nhi kya hoga aap ka... bhala sy koi itny choty choty kaam bhulta hai?