Fighting Fate 8

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters and places mentioned. All the places are fictional and any resemblance is a mere coincidence.

$$$$$$$$$$

"Daya... jaldi kr yaar dair ho rhi hai..." Abhijeet said in a hushed voice while getting out of the kitchen door.

Daya nodded and continued his work in the kitchen. He was putting plates, spoons and glasses in a tray. His hands were trembling a bit and speed was quite slow; well he had sprained ankle to defend himself for his slow actions.

Daya in same tone as Abhijeet replied to him: tum Mumma ko ly k ao itni dair may, mai yeh sb krta hun...

Abhijeet vanished through the mother's door. He shook the sleeping figure carefully not to make her worry unnecessarily: Maa... (Disha moved her head a little but she was still sleeping. Abhijeet again lightly shook her.) Maa utho na...

This time Disha opened her eyes a little; looked at Abhijeet's face with sleepy eyes and sat up in hurry: kiya hua Jeet sb theek hai na beta... (looked at the clock; it was striking two minutes left in midnight) itni raat ko... aap yahan kiya kr rhy ho?

Abhijeet tried to calm her down: kuch nhi hua Maa... sb theek hai...

Disha in worried tone: phir aapny mjhe iss tarhan kyun jagaya hai raat k iss waqt...

Abhijeet scratched the back of his head, he gave a small smile to her: wo na mera aapky haath ki coffee peeny ka dil kr raha hai... (clarified) mai aik file py kaam kr raha hun... coffee chahiye thi... (Disha just looked at him) aap bna dengi Maa?

Disha nodded; she stood up and wore her slippers. Both came out of her room. Disha was the first one who stepped outside.

"BAAM"

She was surprised by the sudden sound of the party popper. Colorful sprinkles fell on her head. She gave a shock filled gaze to Daya who was responsible for the task. She asked through her eyes "what is going in here?"

Abhijeet heard her question and answered it with love: Happy Mother's Day Maa...

Daya also reciprocated the greeting: Happy Mother's Day Mumma...

Mother looked at them with surprise and love. Abhijeet nudged her to move towards the dining table. They reached dining table; a homemade cake was waiting there for her. It was a simple and beautiful. Happy Mother's Day was written on it by chocolate sauce. Disha was overjoyed by the preparations. Abhijeet gave a knife to her. She cut the cake. Boys clapped. She took a piece of cake, fed Abhijeet and Daya. Both boys also fed cake to their mother. Now it was the time for the gifts ceremony. Abhijeet gave her a gift nicely packed. She happily accepted it. Daya gave her gift packed in a rectangular type box. She opened the gifts; Abhijeet had given her a beautiful magenta colored sarree with golden boarder. She lovingly caressed it. It was her favorite color.

Disha with love: bht piyari hai beta... (patted Abhijeet's cheek) mai issy zaroor pehnun gi... or issy humesha sambhal k rakhun gi... It's beautiful...

Daya nudged her in excitement: Mumma mera gift bhi kholo na...

Disha shook her head in no after seeing the excitement of her little boy: khol rhi hun... aik minute...

She opened Daya's gift. A beautiful and simple photo frame came out of it. It was of crème color, elegantly decorated with clay flowers. Moreover, the notable thing was the picture that increased its beauty. A family picture of them. Three of them smiling, Abhijeet was standing on right side of her mother while Daya was on left side. They were side hugging her to comfort her that there they are always standing beside her. She hugged the frame near her heart; a small tear fell from her eye in love. She was happy to have these caring boys as her sons. She just wanted the time to stop here. Daya cleared the tear from her eyes and nodded in no. Both sons recreated the picture by side hugging her to tell her that they are there; always.