Chapter 26: Showers and Plays

KILIAN

I thought my life would be easier after we came to this agreement. That's how it goes, right?

Well, it doesn't.

Jasmine still teases me, even more so, now. It's like she made it a mission to make me as horny as possible. "Where are you going?" I raise an eyebrow at her, dressed in skimpy jeans shorts and a tank top and looking about ready to take the world by storm.

"I'm going grocery shopping. You wanna come with?" She weavers her fingers through her hair and ties it into a ponytail, loose strands falling into her face.

"I'm good. I still need to shower." I sigh; Who knew even three weeks after the damn accident showering would be an issue. The slippery floor and my limited mobility make it hard to get the job done. It takes me ages, usually.

"Yeah, you do." Venus scrunches her nose and closes the bedroom door before she walks over to me. "You stink." Joining me on the couch, she straddles me with a smile, her hands on my shoulders. "I like it, though."

Her admission makes me laugh. "You what now?"

"I like it." As always, my girl is not ashamed of anything. Instead, she proves her point by running her nose along my neck before she breathes in deeply. "You smell...manly. It's hot."

"Had I known that's all it takes to get you worked up..." I quip, but I can feel the smile on her lips when she presses a kiss on my collarbone.

"Then you still would've been a pain in the ass with all your teasing." She leans back, her fingers running through my beard. "I like this, by the way."

"The beard?" I ask.

"Yeah. Makes you look like a sexy caveman. I might get you one of those smock leather things they wore in the stone age. Would be a great idea for a role play." She taps her chin while studying me up and down, as if she had the image in her head already.

I don't think I'll get used to this unabashed openness by a woman. I expect it from her by now, but still I'm surprised every single time she says shit like that. "You want me to dress up as a caveman?" I smirk, ignoring the fact we haven't even fucked since that last time weeks ago. It's not that I don't want to; believe me, just looking at her makes me lose control. But it's not exactly easy when every move I make hurts like a bitch.

"I'd even dress up as a nurse in return," she whispers with a grin, knowing full-well the images she projects into my brain.

"I think you'd be hotter as a doctor." Just imagining her in a white coat and glasses sends my blood down south, even though I'm sick of seeing doctors these days.

"I probably would," she agrees, her lips twitching up before she leans over and brushes them over my own. "I'll head out now, you caveman. Will be back in a few." She shoots me one more wink and climbs off my lap, grabbing her wallet and keys before she disappears out the door.

Since she once again managed to work me up only to leave me seconds later, I don't waste much time and get into the shower, letting the warm water hit my aching body. I feel much better already; I got rid of the sling, and the splints on my fingers will be gone soon too. My ankle still hurts from time to time, but mostly it's my leg giving me a hard time. I've seen many footballers suffer from a cruciate ligament tear, most of them resulting from a critical hit on the field. Haven't seen one from a fucking pick up truck, yet.

Guess there's a first for everything.

"Kilian?" Jasmine's voice startles me almost, and I turn around to spot her red hair through the steamed up shower door. "Are you okay?" she asks. "I called out, but you didn't—"