Naive

**✿❀ ❀✿****✿❀
❀✿****✿❀ ❀✿**

" Draco!!! "

I yelled, running down the stairs and towards the kitchen at the smell of pancakes. Not just any pancakes, they were Draco special.

As I reached the big kitchen, there he was, standing shirtless with only sweatpants, messy hair. " Pancakes! " I squealed jumped on the island.

If mother saw me like this, I'd be dead. Squealing like a kid, running around and sitting on the kitchen island. But anyway, when she's not around, I'm me.

" Yes, figured you'd be hungry after you wake up. " Draco gave me a smile and I melted, smiling back.

Draco and I have been best friends since we were toddlers, and we literally knew each other like the back of our palms. It if wasn't obviously yet, the truth was I am in love.

I can't help it. Ever, I guess. Draco is just caring and really nice of heart, even though he acts like a jerk at school. It was because of Lucius. His father and his teachings.

Draco wasn't naive, but he loved his parents and he'd do anything to make them proud, he was ambitious, and he was ready to accept the blood supremacy and other prejudices just to make his parents proud.

I, on the other hand, was called innocent and naive. Father always calls me that. I never knew the reason seeing as I have done my fair share of mischief at school.

But I've always refused to accept the prejudices, that our blood is pure and others is not. It was ridiculous and father thought so too. We only pretended to agree when mother was around and other purebloods were.

Draco knew I never believed those and he always watched his language around me. It was quite funny. He was so formal around other people that it made me try not to laugh.

As Draco served me a plate with maple syrup, I grinned and my legs swayed back and forth as I enjoyed. " How do you even make these? Mother can't. Although I've never had the guts to tell her, " I chuckled, causing Draco to laugh.

" Really? Maybe you should tell her and see how it goes. " I widened my eyes,
" No thanks. I don't want to get kicked out of the property. "

I joked and Draco chuckled, shaking his head. " You're such a kid. " I could only shrugged. " Only when mum's not around. "

Draco sighed, rolling his eyes and raised his hand to wipe away the syrup from the corner of my mouth. He didn't notice the way my face flushed red at the gesture. And I was glad for it.

I smiled at him again, never knowing what to say to those small gestures that always left me speechless. " Anyway, summer is over tomorrow. Have you packed? "

I gasped as I processed his words,
" I forgot to get books! " Draco scoffed playfully, " Get ready. We're going to Diagon Alley. " He smiled and leaned closer, kissing my forehead before leaving the kitchen.

While I sat there for an extra few minutes, trying to calm my racing heart. With a stupid smile on my face, I ran upstairs and changed into a simply white tennis skirt and a hoodie and pulled on shite socks and some nike shoes.

Leaving my hair falling on my shoulders after I brushed them, I ran down the stairs again and saw Draco there, in his back suit. I rolled my eyes.

Over the summer, he had grown way taller than me, his features sharper and his skin paler, but it really contrasted with his black suits he wears.

I only reached his shoulder, however. But he always said it was cute that I had to stand on my tip toes if I wanted to hug him.

I had grown total three inches from last year and I had detailed curves now. Mother really did give me details about my body to me in the talk.

It was quite embarrassing really.

I grinned and grabbed his arm. We both had passed our apparation test last year with our O.W.L.s .

Within seconds, we were standing in the bustling streets of Diagon Alley. I smiled, recalling my previous five years here. The first year, I came with mother and father, and the Malfoys.

And second year, only our fathers came with us. But ever since third year, it has been only Draco and me. Not that I minded because I think I've had a crush on Draco since I don't even know.

We first walked in Madam Malkines Robes for all Occasions to get me new clothes. I knew where Draco was going to, now.

" This? "

I asked, wearing a skirt that reached my upper-thigh. Although I wouldn't buy it, it was fun seeing Draco angry over the short clothes I wear.

As expected, his face scrunched. " No, it's too short. A little longer. " He said to the stitcher and she nodded. I giggled quitely in thr changing room and the girl behind me was smirking.

" This? "

This skirt was also the same as my school skirt, but a little longer. it reached my mud thighs. " No. "

" But, Draco! I can't wear a gown-like skirt! " I whined and he only rolled his eyes. He stood up and pushed me in the changing rooms and looked through the sizes.

" Much better. "

He mumbled and tossed it to me, exiting the small room and I huffed. I wore it and sighed. It reached up to my knees and it was fine.

" Alright. We'll buy this. " I grumbled as I walked out, holding the skirt in my hand and I gave it to the stitcher.
" Make that four, please. "

After taking shirt and robes with other things I needed, we left for books.
" You're short. " Draco teased as I stood on my tiptoes to get a book in the highest shelf.

I huffed and stiffened as I felt his chest pressed against my back, his hot breath hitting my neck. " There. " He said, not even noticing what just happened, which I was glad for.

" Yeah, whatever. " I mumbled and grabbed the book, my lips pulled in a pout as I reached the counter.

--

" I'm really tired. Why'd you make me walk around so much? " I complained and Draco snorted.

" Excuse me, but it was your shopping. I should be the one complaining. "

Kinda true.

I groaned, rolling over my stomach and stared at the ceiling. " Read to me. " I mumbled, subconsciously. I always liked listening him read.

He was always passionate about it and it felt like he lives those characters he reads about. And that was one thing that never changed in over the years.

Whenever I couldn't sleep, he'd read to me till I fall asleep and than the next morning I'd be awake, I'd be tucked in my bed comfortably, wrapped in soft blankets.

Draco smiled and reached for a book,
Pride and Prejudice. It was a muggle book I gave him just a few weeks ago and he had said we'll start it together.

I really wanted all purebloods to read it because it revolves around the importance of marrying for love rather than money or social prestige, despite the communal pressure to make a wealthy match.

Once Draco started reading, I felt myself relax and my head rested against is shoulder. I felt him flinch but I knew it was because he wasn't very good with affection.

He relaxed as soon as he was lost in the reading again though. The last thing I remember was being pulled closer to him.

**✿❀ ❀✿****✿❀
❀✿****✿❀ ❀✿**