Chapter 1: Dreamland?

Warning: Lots of Non-Canon themes that only apply to my story. Though a lot of canon story will be the same, lots of changes will be going on to make it seems. . . like a fanfic.

Lots of canon in the first chapter. Non-canon/canon-divergence next chapter. That'll take some time, though.

——

My foot stepped right on the bus that was full of people and humans alike. As I got inside of the said bus, I saw man others with the same colored uniforms as me.

Ah, they're going to the same high school.

I moved my legs as I made my way towards the back of the bus in utter silence. It was unusually quiet — is that quietness the norm when going on a bus?

I do not know.

I found a seat right next to this person whom I do not care for or have any interest of interacting with. As I sat on the seat, my eyes wandered all around the bus, observing my surroundings.

What were escape routes that I could take if an accident happens? That was an obvious question that anyone could answer via knowledge.

Though while it was quiet, i appreciated it — I liked it. As my eyes continued to observe, the doors of the bus closed, blocking the entry of any person that wanted to enter from here on out.

The bus started to drive away. From where I was, I saw a male, who had the same red-colored uniform as over half of the people that were inside of the bus as well.

It seems like he was late to catch the bus before it ran away. What a shame for him. If only he had came here earlier than he had just did. But it seems like there was a relatively simple reason on why he was late.

As I looked into his eyes that were full of sadness, I saw dark bags under his eyes that indicated lack of sleep.

So he either didn't sleep or just slept. Barely. I thought. It seems like the latter was a much more plausible conclusion. Even if he did a so-called 'all nighter' — he should still have some energy left to make it through the first half of the day.

But it's too late to think about it.

I moved my hand that used to be static right beside me. I pushed it inside of my pocket and pulled out an interesting item that I held right between my fingertips.

Cool. I thought, my eyes gazing at the chess piece in-between my fingertips.

King.

That was the piece that I was currently holding. I observed the item thoroughly like always. I always carry this around with me, no matter what.

You could say it was a charm to give myself luck. Though I do disagree on this being a lucky charm — some others may disagree with me on this.

If so, then we can agree to disagree on our opinions. My eyes darted from one end of the pieces to another; I was mesmerized by the carvings of the chess piece.

By no means am I a professional or a grandmaster in chess, I just like it. That's right; I like chess and I am good at it. Really good at it. Though that is just my opinion.