Chapter 2: The Emotionless Schemer and The Loli

——

"This school is actually quite fun," I quietly said as I made my way to the cafeteria. It was the second day of our school and things were going smoothly for people.

Scratch that, things were going smoothly for pretty much everyone.

Though that doesn't eliminate my suspicions towards the school at all. In fact, I dare say that it fuels my suspicion towards it. But my short time of peace was interrupted.

"Um, Ayanokouji-kun?" Oh no. Please don't tell me it's who I think it is. What a pain. I turned around and saw the girl that was on the bus from before.

She had a nice figure that a lot of boys would drool at. It was quite noticeable. The guy that was vulnerable to the opposite sex, Ike, I think — he ogles at her.

Many of the girls in class are weirded out by him. Though it seems this girl just ignores it all and tries to emit a 'good-natured' aura that radiates with niceness.

It's weird, right?

"Hm? Yes, that is me. Kushida. Right?" She nodded happily. Kushida approached me in an oddly fashion. I think she's trying way too hard to be nice to other people.

Her short-brown her swayed as she got closer to me. A smile appeared on her face.

"Can I ask you something, Ayanokouji-kun?" She asked me, the smile never leaving her face. How does that smile not weird people out? Other than it radiating niceness, it radiated troublesomeness,

I knew what she was going to ask me.

"Are you on good terms with Horikita-san?" I absolutely knew it. I saw it from miles away. If she's asking me this, then there must be rumors about her and me.

That's going to trouble me in the future. Hopefully no one speaks upon it.

"Depends on how you want to go around it. I'd say we are not on good terms. I've only met her yesterday actually." I have a somewhat vague idea on what her motive was.

There was a high chance that she was trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. Gain Horikita's trust while she also gets my trust. Unfortunately for her, I lack the ability to trust people.

"Did she do something to you?" I asked Kushida. She shook her head.

"No, no. As you know, I want to become friends with everyone! That also includes Horikita." I nodded, knowing what she exactly wanted from me.

Though what she wanted is something that is out of my reach. Truly a troublesome person.

"So. . . maybe you can, like, be the bridge between her and me? I want to become friends with her." I stood there, silently listening to what she was saying to me.

"Sorry, but I can't. I actually have something that I want to do right now. Maybe next time." Kushida nodded, giving out a sad expression on her face.

So she's playing that card, huh? I had no intention of helping you from the very beginning. I thought, walking away from the girl that stood right behind me.

——

It was after school and that means I have some free time until I go back to the first-year dorms. I had my phone in hand as I walked to Kekyaki Mall.