Chapter 4: Repeated Contradictions

A/N: By the time the uninhabited Island rolls around, changes will be made throughout the fanfic. Don't know if the uninhabited Island should stay canon or not, 'cause I'd rather not follow it so thoroughly.

This chapter, to fix the amount of times Kiyo contradicting himself of wanting to avoid troublesome situations.

And by fix, I mean absolutely nothing. Though the 'fixing' will be at the second-half of the chapter. The 'fixing' is in a very weird. . . Sort of manner I suppose. The word "Fixing" just doesn't fit it.

I'll admit, the amount of times he contradicted himself was unintentional on my part and is a mistake, which I am looking to decrease just a tiny bit.

I'll probably be taking longer writing chapters now, since it'll be healthier for me in the long run and also to proof-read my writing. Yeah. . . the latter is quite unlikely, but is indeed healthier for me in the long run.

Though I do still intend on writing 7-8k words per chapter. Each chapter were originally supposed to be just around 3500 words or so, but then I just kept on writing. Writing. Writing.

I'm kind of perplexed, though; the pacing seems quite weird in my opinion. I perceive as quick but at the same time, slow.

I'm thinking of an idea on how Kiyo can gather a bit of knowledge on the 2nd and 3rd years. The thing is, it'll most likely give him 'unnecessary attention' and I'd like to avoid that.

That is all for now.

——

"What do you need?" I asked Arisu through the phone. I do have a sneaking suspicion that she wanted to talk, but it was already almost midnight.

"You." She responded with an unbelievable answer. I just stayed silent as I laid on my precious bed. I have no intention of getting up or even leaving the dorms at this time.

"I want to sleep. Bye," I responded, maneuvering my hand to end the call. Though it seems Arisu had no intention of doing so and just lets out a cute laugh.

"Fufufu. I was kidding. I just wanted to ask you a brief question." Thank you for finally getting to that point, but I'd rather not spill the beans on my plan that I have yet to create because that's the most possible conclusion.

"Ah, sorry. My phone is about to. . . Die. 3 percent actually." I lied terribly. There was actually 87 percent. I just didn't want to talk with Arisu before I sleep.

"While you are probably lying. I'll let you off the hook." What are you? My mom? On second thought, who exactly is my mom? Eh, I'd rather not waste my time thinking about trivial things when I could be sleeping right now.

Though I did often wonder who my mother was. Is she like. . . Him? Or someone on a completely different spectrum? Probably a mixture of both.

Anyway, let me go to sleep.

Goodnight.

——

Ah, the atmosphere. I like it. Ever since Chabashira-sensei declared us as defectives, the class has been so quiet that I thought they had a split personality.