𝒗𝒊 . . . ramrod straight

"𝐃𝐎 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 get up, I mean, is it really necessary? The sun is barely up yet! Just give me five more minutes

"𝐃𝐎 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 get up, I mean, is it really necessary? The sun is barely up yet! Just give me five more minutes." Charlotte rolled over on the snow by the big rocks she fell asleep next to last night, swaddled up in the big fluffy coat and the book she was reading the night before a little way away from her tired figure.

"Come on, we need to get going we want to get Ed back. And it was, if I'm very much mistaken, which I don't think I am, it was you who said that we should go and see Aslan!"

"Alright Pevensie, which ever one of you it is, I'm up alright, now go away."

She lazily stood up and came face-to-face with Peter, who handed her the book before turning away to catch up with his sisters who had already started to make their way out of the forest with the beavers.

Grumbling about having to wake up at the crack of dawn and how cold and stiff her back was after sleeping on the floor, she finally deemed her self ready to follow on after the rest of the group.

With her hair taken out of its two french plaits from the day before and any mud and dirt on her coat and very exposed legs had been brushed away, she set the book back in her coat pocket, and sauntered off to follow the trail of foot prints until she came to a stop on top of a snow covered stone bridge where everybody else had stopped.

"Thanks for waiting for me, by the way. I really appreciate it." She interrupted the silence to be met by a mixture of offended and guilty faces.

"Sorry dear, Beaver just wanted to make an early start to Aslan's camp."

Mrs Beaver offered the girl a genuine smile, and two slices of bread that she started elegantly tearing into small pieces one by one and popping them into her mouth.

"Now, as I was about to say before I was rudely interrupted," He shot the girl a small glare to which he received a sarcastic smile and mock salute before he continued on, "Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river." They all squinted in the sunlight, and could just make out the silhouette of a table on top of a hill in the distance.

"It's so far!"

"Well, that's the world dear, did you expect it to be smaller?" Mrs Beaver asked in a teasing manner.

"Smaller." Susan deadpanned, glaring at her brother and the other girl who was rolling her eyes at the boy's incompetence.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 the Pevensies much to their shock to catch-up with the Beavers. She wanted to learn more about Narnia in the time of her parents, before the White Witch took over.

"Oh, it was lovely, the fauns danced around with the dryads all night, and they never seemed to get tired. And the music they danced along to, it was wonderful, you would never hear anything like it anywhere else."