𝒙𝒗𝒊 . . . extraordinary my foot

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 on the long wooden table infront of her out of pure boredom

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 on the long wooden table infront of her out of pure boredom. She'd been attending the Lords Council meetings with Peter and Edmund every morning for the past two months, and it had been three since the coronation... the night she didn't think her parents would be proud of her. 

The meetings were a bore, and always ended up with her leaning back in her chair and dangling the pocket watch she had taken from her fathers chest from her fingers, and fiddling with it. Hardly any part of the two and a half hour meeting that started at nine and ended at eleven-thirty was remotely interesting; she just went to help her gain a better understanding of the state her country was in, even if she barely listened to any of it.

During this particular meeting, Charlotte held her chin in her hands, and her elbows were propped up on the table. Her eyes were just about to droop shut, but she was elbowed in the side by Peter, who seemed to be just as tired as she did.

The two had spent yet another restless night in the marble vault infront of the statues surrounded by flickering torches, while Charlotte cried until she felt empty, and Peter held her until she felt whole again. Well, maybe whole was going a tad bit to far, but she wasn't far from it. She would continue to push away the crown, and he would always push it back, insisting it's what she needed to have.

Those nights always ended in the early hours of the morning, and the mornings after were always spent trying to stay awake.

The way Charlotte showed herself didn't go un-noticed by the various Lords of the council, and rumours were starting to fly about between them about the Queens mental stability, simply because she chose to attend the meetings, but always seemed to nearly always fall asleep, and never seemed to showed any interest what so ever.

Even though she told herself that she was only attending to better understand her country and people, deep down she knew that there wasn't in fact one reason she was going, but various.

She knew that Lucy was far to young to attend the meetings, never mind make any sort of sense about them! Her days were spent visiting Tumnus, the faun she was friends with for tea, and taking visits to see the beavers, so Charlotte had taken on the role of doing Lucy's job of taking care of the eastern parts of Narnia until she became old enough.

Susan had decided straight from the get-go that she wouldn't spend time listening to politics, which greatly shocked Charlotte because you can't rule over a country with out politics. It's pretty much a given but instead divulged into planning numerous balls, even though it had been three months since their own coronation.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐒 made Charlotte feel increasingly awkward when having to make small talk with various lords, ladies, and a few Kings too.