𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊 . . . electrification

𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 Stone Table room was abandoned until only Charlotte and Peter were left in the flame-lit chamber, "Lottie, are you coming?"

Charlotte tore her gaze away from the floor and up to Peter, nodding hesitantly, "Oh, yeah. Sure, I'll be there in a few minutes."

Despite not wanting to leave her alone while she seemed so vacant, Peter did eventually make his way back up the tunnel to find Edmund so they could train the army. He knew it was going to be a difficult task; half of the soldiers could not wield a sword or a bow properly.

And while they did not know how long it would be until the Telmarines made their appearance, time was very much of the the essence.

The echo of light footsteps was the only sound that could be heard, giving off the impression that only one being was in the room. Which was true. Charlotte's fingers traced delicately over the inscriptions of the deep magic cut into the edges of the Stone Table.

Then, she looked directly up at Aslan. And after that, Charlotte left when the gaze of the Great Lion grew too persistent. She didn't think the deserved her title of 'Extraordinary' in that moment all that much.

"Hey, Su." Susan turned around at the sound of charlotte's voice, "What are you planning on doing for the time being?"

"Peter asked for my help with training the archers, it seems that not many of them can shoot an arrow on target just yet. You're welcome to help if you'd like, you were always better at doing this sort of thing anyway." Susan smiled at her, knowing that she loved nothing more than helping to train the archers for battle.

But, Charlotte turned her offer down, "I think I'll pass, Su. I don't fancy having to teach some lost causes. Good luck, though."

Charlotte brushed past Susan, trying to ignore her crest-fallen expression when she'd called the Narnians, 'lost causes.' The redhead stopped, and turned back to quickly cover up her mistake, but Susan had passed her, muttering under her breath. Charlotte couldn't quite make out what she was saying.

However, she got the general idea.

The sounds of cheers and chants bounced off of the walls and to Charlotte, from the first hall near the entrance of the How. A small crowd were gathered around the middle of the room, where Peter and Edmund both had their swords drawn, duelling each other.

Charlotte saw the retreating figure of Caspian, crossbow in hand, leaving for the grassy fields. She smirked a little. "What's gotten you to liven up?"

She looked to the left to see Lucy, grinning at her, "Nothing, Lu. I'm sorry about earlier, are you alright?"

Lucy's grin faltered for a moment. Charlotte, noticing this, hastily covered over her slip up, "Christ, I'm sorry, again. That was a stupid question."

The younger girl toyed with the ring on her middle finger, then looked back up again, "It's alright. I just wish nothing changed here, and back . . . there." Charlotte knew she was referring to the five of them.