Ballad 3: A Job Near Completion

DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. JJBA is property of Hiroki Araki and David Productions. All art/vids/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies.

A/N: Due to RWBY never specifying the larger bodies of water, I'll be calling the bodies of water by whatever nation is closest. Hope you dont mind :)

[Location: Vytality Sea (En Route to "Vale")]
[Time: 7:35am]

Much to his surprise, Risotto had no trouble sleeping aboard the ship. In fact, he had managed to sleep through majority of the trip itself. Equally surprising, Risotto managed to procure two separate meals while "enjoying" the ferry. Both were courtesy of his current contractor, Ozpin. Even more surprising, Risotto couldn't recall the man paying for the meals. When asked about this, Ozpin shrugged the question off, briefly mentioning something along the lines of: "Friendly faces in higher places".

With his subtle slip up, Ozpin had managed to seal the undivided attention of Risotto. Whether this would also seal his life away in the process, was merely up for time alone to decide. Though he had provided two rather filling meals, Risotto held no sense of gratitude for the man. They had just met after all, and "La Squadra's" leader had killed men he had known for years for simply having price on their head. Generally, it was nothing personal. Money was money, and business was business. That was all there was to it, and that would always be the standard.

At present, Nero stood leaning against a safety rail whilst twirling his heirloom knife. As he did, he leisurely took in the view of the ocean. The crashing waves, the orange hue of the rising sun, the city growing closer with each passing second. It was a spectacle for the man. The very scene reminded him of the numerous times he travelled via ship in the Mediterranean Sea.

Most notably, it reminded him of his countless trips to his home providence of Sicily. The foamed waters were nearly identical. The sun, unlike the moon, was just the same. The city of "Vale" however, seemed vastly different from Sicily's own city of Messina. Most notably, Risotto failed to ever recall seeing a floating fucking castle in Messina.

This sight practically ruined whatever heartfelt moment Risotto could have had. It was simply absurd. His eyebrow twitched in response to the sight. Being in another world entirely was already difficult to grasp. Having to accept that select groups of people had animalistic features only bogged his mind further. The shattered moon only added to his growing confusion. And now, he had a castle straight out of Disney to worry about.

Closing his eyes, Risotto fought back the urge to scream at the rapid bombshells. This infuriated him to no avail. Was nothing in this world normal? Was he only sent here to slowly lose his sanity? Would he ever get used to any of this?

Accepting the cruel fate he had been given, Risotto let out a sigh. At this point, he might as well get comfortable with all the peculiar scenery. He doubted this world would ever let up on testing his patience and so, he relented. Sure, he may never get fully familiarized to any of the obscene characteristics or properties of Remnant, but he would at least need to try.

Opening his eyes, Risotto simply glared at the floating fortress one last time. Giving into the absolutely strange nature of it, he shifted his gaze onto the city itself. From afar, the city looked just like any other major city on Earth. Again, that is excluding the somewhat advanced aesthetic of course. While he was busy sizing the city up, Ozpin silently made his way towards the Jester.