Ballad 4: Here's To Anew

DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. JJBA is property of Hiroki Araki and David Productions. All art/vids/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies.

A/N: RWBY never specifies which School system they use. Taking Vol 1 and all the greenery we see when RWBY's semester supposedly begins in contrast with Vol 2 and 3's more early winter or mid fall appearances, I've taken the liberty of guessing the Japanese system is their school routine. Hope you dont mind

[3RD PERSON POV]

[Location: Beacon Academy]
[Time: 1:30pm (Four Days Later)]

Risotto stood, looking at the academies courtyard via the window from his dorm. It seemed, that he had agreed to Ozpin's offer. With the offer of knowledge, Lien, and "Mistralian" lessons offered so quickly, Risotto would have been a fool to refuse. Currently, the assassin was dressed in a much different set of garments compared to the traditional "Jester's" attire.

Risotto Nero wore a white button up shirt underneath a black collared dress shirt. Both of which, were long sleeved and left unbuttoned to only tease his well defined chest. Additionally, he wore a pair of black trousers that hugged his muscular legs in a securing fashion. In addition to a pair of black dress shoes, he also adorned a simple abyssal watch he had purchased during the brief tour of Vale following his agreement to "work with" Beacon. With the exception of the watch, all of the garments were courtesy of Ozpin, free of charge this time.

Truth be told, he had also purchased additional clothing, towels, blankets, cooking ware, spices, various ingredients, and of course, hygienic products that ranged from shampoo to face moisturizer. With his expenditures cleared for the time being, Risotto had opted to place his remaining funds in a simple savings account.

Though this was not a popular choice amongst former gangsters such as himself, Risotto discovered Vale and all of Remnant for that matter, used a very interesting system of currency. It was neither cash nor digital based but rather...a mixture of the two. With this logic, it was much easier to have multiple accounts in banks spread across all of the world. With this in mind, Risotto made a mental note to visit and establish accounts with several dozen.

Not only would his set aside money earn interest, but it would also be just that bit harder for any individual to track the assassin down. Not to mention, if a bank abruptly crashed or he had his account wiretapped, he would still have several other accounts available. Ultimately however, Risotto planned to solidify most of his future funds via precious metals or jewelry much like the late capo of Passione, "Polpo" had done.

Still though, that was quite some time from becoming a reality. For now, Risotto would focus his entire being into learning this world's insulting tongue. In fact, Risotto managed to find himself on a deadline to do so. According to Ozpin, the students had left for summer break. In just nearly six short weeks, the students would return for their second semester.

Six weeks...It was an absurd time frame. It was simply preposterous to assume one could garner fluency in a language with such a short amount of tine. Yet, Risotto cared little. The tongue of Remnant would come to him in due time. He was always one of the most analytical and intelligent individuals of "Passione", he knew he would pick the language up sooner or later.

So long as Risotto understood how to hold a basic conversation by the end of the six weeks, he would be satisfied. In fact, he had already picked up the skeletal bases for "Mistralian". The words generally being "I", "You", "And", "Good/bad", "Hello/Goodbye" etc. He could understand just a little more each passing day. Every new morning, he found himself being able to have a longer greeting with his current teacher and contractor, Ozpin.