Chapter 4 - How is this normal?

I started my day with Sage burning his papers early in the morning. "Sage, why? Why are you like this?" I said. He burned the rest of his paper and looked back at me. "They tell ME that I have anger issues? They're probably mad because I burned down that one inn." He scoffed and walked out the door.

I walked out shortly after and made my way to Sir Galan's office. I knocked on the door and entered. Sir Galan was sat behind his desk reading a book. "Ah, Dark! Come and sit down." He exclaimed. I grabbed a chair and brought to his desk and sat down.

"How is Grayson?" He asked. I looked down at my lap and sighed. "There's no sign when he'll wake up." Sir Galan stood up and put his book down. "Valian, I have a question. Did you bring Gloomfire with you? I mean into your shadows." I rubbed my hands together and heard him tapping on his desk. "Mr. Dark, again. Did you?" He asked. 

"It was life or death." I said. He rubbed his forehead and brought his fist down on the desk. The sound echoed through the room and he breathed heavy. "Valian, I've told you the basics of your attribute, and I've also told you what happens when your shadows touch those that are not of the Dark bloodline." He sat back down into his chair and grabbed a crystal off his desk. 

"Look here." he said. He held the crystal up and summoned his shadows in his hand. He held the shadows and let them be consumed by the crystal. "I had to perform a removal of a curse on Mr. Gloomfire." He said. "Now, I realize that the situation wasn't ideal, but the next time you'll probably end up killing someone." I bit down on my teeth and gripped my hand into a fist. "We're behind on schedule. I'll have you come down to the gymnasium later for a bit of sparring with the advanced class." I stood up and said, "Sir, that's not what I came for. My control's still leaking, I can't even perform some of the higher level techniques that you can." I exclaimed. 

He smacked his desk and said, "Idiot. The reason you're lacking in those areas is because you haven't done any actual combat till the incident." He pointed his finger towards the door and I followed his instruction and left the room.

I didn't have any classes other than the sparring match later, so I decided to drop by the medical bay.

I walked in and saw the healing mage was talking with an older man and I saw that they were beside Grayson's bed. The healing mage waved and I walked over and saw the mans face. It was the man I had seen in Duxia, Grayson's Grandfather. I felt the vibrations change and I felt his hands on my shirt. He pushed me back and up onto a wall. "I told you to help him and this is what happened?!" He growled. I groaned from the sudden impact with the wall. The healing mage interjected, "Sir, there are patients in here!" He groaned and let me go. I fell down onto the floor. 

"How did this happen?" He said. I stood back up and walked over to Grayson's bed and saw him laying there. He looked as if he was just taking a nap and would wake up at any time, but I knew that it wouldn't happen. I sat down and said, "All I know is he tried to fight some Electric User. They were vastly outmatched." "Dark, I don't remember telling you my name! My name is Alexander Oris, and I'm the one and only Lightning User!" He yelled. I held my head, "Sir, is there any chance there's another Lightning User? The one that interjected seemed to summon Lightning from the heavens." Alexander fell back onto a street, "No, that shouldn't be possible. Even my son barely had the strength to try and become one."

The conversation was interrupted by a teacher. "Mr. Dark, Sir Galan needs you in the Gymnasium." "I'll be right there." I said. "Sir, I am so sorry." I said to Alexander before leaving the room.

I walked from the medical bay and into the gym. I was astonished by it's size. It seemed to go into the heavens and further. In the gym was the advanced class, including Sage and Ayas. Sir Galan was talking to the advanced class and finished talking to them and addressed me.