{Chapter 4}

You Thought you were Free?
[POSSIBLE TRIGGERS: stalking behavior, panic/panic attack & fear]
Rewritten & Edited!

As the morning faded away and noon crept close, the family was far away from the SMP. Far enough so that it would take a while to find them, but that wasn't enough for Puffy. She wanted them far enough away so that no one could ever find them, whether it's to ask for a "favor" or to kill them.

"How far away are we?" Tommy asked.

The sheep hybrid looked back at the blonde, seeing him holding a tired Tubbo's hand, who was practically being dragged by his friend.

"We can stop and rest for a moment." She said.

The brunette sighed and flopped onto the ground, dragging Tommy down with him. They both yelped as the blonde fell on top of the ram hybrid, laughing following them. Puffy smiled at them, then sat down herself. She rested so her injured leg was outstretched and her other leg was bent towards herself. She took out a map and a charcoal pencil from one of the pockets of her bag. She rolled out the map, and started sketching their immediate surroundings on the map. There wasn't very much to draw, since they only really passed the taiga and a spruce forest before coming across the plains they rested in now.

After sketching out the biomes they had passed, she labeled them and made faint arrows for which direction the group was going in. She rolled the map back up and placed it in her bag pocket with the pencil. She looked back at the two boys, seeing them pointing up at the sky and laughing. Puffy smiled. She felt more determined to find a place to call home, for them.

"Okay, boys." The sheep hybrid said, slowly standing, "We need to get going."

"Awe..." Tubbo whined, sitting up, "I still feel tired."

"Yeah, why can't we make this our home?" Tommy asked, sitting up as well.

"We're still close enough to the SMP that people can find us." Puffy said, "It's best if we go about a day or two longer."

The two teens, despite being tired, stood up and put their backpacks on their backs. They started walking again, going in the same direction they have been going for the last couple of hours. They slowly walked through the plains, yet another forest coming into view. They didn't stop, despite the fact that the sun was setting, and walked into the forest head-on. It soon became too dark to keep going, so the group stopped and set up camp.

They made a campfire, providing warmth to the group and fending off any monsters, and their bags leaned against a nearby tree. Tubbo was helping Puffy re-wrap her leg while Tommy re-wrapped his own hand. Once his injury was fully covered, he pulled the bandaged taut and ripped the strip off with his teeth. He dropped the roll in favor of tucking the loose end in place. He looked at the bandage in the flickering firelight, and he sighed. The ram hybrid ripped off the strip once their mother figure's wound was wrapped up, and put the roll away. He looked over at his friend, seeing him look away from the two and at the fire.

"Toms, you okay?" He asked.

Tommy looked up from the fire, humming. The blonde almost looked like a ghost because of the flames, casting shadows on his body. It frightened Tubbo for a moment, but he calmed down once his friend smiled.

"I'm good." He said, looking back at the campfire.

There was silence for a long while as Tubbo put the bandages back into its designated bag. He sat down next to Puffy, resting his head tiredly on her shoulder. She chuckled, looking down at the brunette, then looking at the blonde.

"You two need to sleep." She said, "We have another day of journeying ahead of us."

There were no protests against her, and it seemed that Tubbo had already fallen asleep on the sheep hybrid's shoulder. Tommy laid down by the campfire, turning away from it. He closed his eyes in an attempt at falling asleep, but it wasn't coming to him easily. He could soon hear the two hybrids snoring nearby, but his body was still too tense to be able to fall asleep.