usa + france (not ship) | angst sorta

🇺🇸: male
🇫🇷: female
NOT A SHIP!!! just some wholesome mother/son!!
requested by @OliveMint
————

what am i? what am i?

you're a monster.

you're a threat.

you're a burden.

his pupils dialated. shoulders trembling, body racking with sobs.

this isn't natural.

his cries grew louder and louder, but their was nobody to hear them. the house was empty, all he cared about gone. liberty was out, epsilon along with him. he was alone.

all alone.

      this isn't natural.

what is wrong with me?

-

"mon dieu (my god)," france huffed, her worry increasing by every minute spent overthinking the possibilities of what could have happened to her son.

       yes, america had a bad habit of being very unpunctual, but he always made it to whereever he was supposed to go eventually. so why wasn't he here yet? the UN meeting had started nearly an hour ago, and the country was nowhere to be seen.

     where could he possibly be? traffic was a human issue - not a countryhuman issue, so it was impossible for him to be stuck at a red light. maybe his flight got canceled? no, then he would have sent a message.

      something was wrong.

      very wrong.

      and france was gonna find out what it was.

-

          he looked in the mirror, disgusted by what he saw.

          nothing.

          eyes of void, pure black filling what was supposed to be white. he wanted to cry, but even his tears were black. he couldn't escape the darkness; he couldn't escape himself.

have to hide, have to hide, his mind thought frantically, the panic in his mind washing away any rational thinking.

no,
please,

they can't know

nobody can know,

so he hid himself.

he his beneath his confident strut and everlasting smirk. he hid behind his sunglasses, the ones he never took off. longing for a reason to continue, longing for a reason to move forward.

he never found one.

beneath his sunglasses lay his lifeless, black eyes.

-

france was known to be a kind and caring woman, known for her baking and charm, and her most pleasant appearance. she was respected, adored, even.

she had a unique culture. her language had impossible grammar, her country vast and beautiful, rich with recipes and history.

she was pretty. gentle eyes and an understanding smile. a petit and slim figure, yet at the same time curvy.