Chapter Fourteen: A New Housemate...?

"Hunh...? Are you sure that you broke your leg...?" I asked as examined Clear's leg. I then shook my head at the question. Of course he did...

But, the masked man nodded in an uncertain way.

"It felt broken when I fell..." he said quietly. (I looked over how his statement trailed off into a question.)

I ran my gloved hands down the smooth leg. It was unmarred and unblemished. Nothing was jutting out or anything.

"Are you a deviant?" I asked, looking at Clear's mask, where his eyes would be.

He shook his head a negative before bringing his hand to his mask, tapping it thoughtfully. "Well... I've never had a broken leg before... So maybe it isn't?"

I tilted my head, looking at Clear bemusedly. "No... I'm pretty sure it was broken..." It was visibly bent.

He's not deviant or even deviantee from the looks of it, but yet he healed from the short distance from where we met to my house...?

I frowned as I looked at Clear, and he seemed to squirm under my intense gaze. I then sighed as I rolled his pant's leg down. I patted his knee as I stood up.

"Well!" I chirped as I stretched."You're all healed up so, I'll just escort you to the nearest route-"

"K-Kain-san!" Clear interrupted, standing up hurriedly from the futon he was sitting on.

"Hunh?!" Startled, I stepped away, but the white haired man followed me, almost toe-to-toe with me.

"M-may I stay with you for a while?" Clear asked vehemently, clasping his hands in front of him.

"Wait-what?" I asked, not comprehending the sudden change in events.

"Please!" the man said, grasping my hands in a firm grip.

"Uh..." I could sense the desperation flowing off him...

I sighed. Ah, what the hell-

"Sure."