Prologue

The two Dwarves and Hobbit watched, shocked to the core as the young prince fell from the vile Orks grasp. They knew he was already gone by the time he hit the ground. Thorin felt sick knowing that he had sent his nephew to his demise. He had died warning them to run, but Thorin couldn't. He had to avenge his nephew. But what he wouldn't do to trade places. What he wouldn't give to have fallen back sooner, what he wouldn't give for a second chance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tauriel watched in horror as the final blow was dealt. She cried tears of pain as the one she loved mouthed his feelings of love for the last time. She felt a pain she never thought was possible as he slipped away with a tear escaping his eye. He was gone all too soon and there was nothing she could do to save him. In that moment she prayed silently 'please just give him another chance'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------After the battle Bilbo ran to Thorin. He stood overwhelmed by the sight before him. He rushed to his side and tried to help. He refused to believe that there was even a chance of his friend dying, even when he saw the Dwarf king breath his last he would not believe it.
"Look Thorin, the Eagles are here, the Eagles are..." the bitter reality hit Bilbo hard. The Eagles may be here, the battle may have been won, Azog may be dead, but he took Thorin Oakenshield with him.
"Just give them another chance!!!" He cried in anguish. His sobs filled the silence making the sun, moon and stars weep. How could three so valiant souls be lost without really seeing what they had fought for. In that moment Eur Ilúvatar himself wept with sorrow as three brave warriors fell. He knew they deserved to live happy lives but the world had only given them pain and so The Father of All decided to answer the prayers of his children. He would give these three a second chance. But in a different time. A time that would hold minimal pain for these three who had endured so much. They would indeed get a Second Chance.