1. Opening up

"The difference between science and the arts is not that they are different sides of the same coin even, or even different parts of the same continuum, but rather, they are manifestations of the same thing. The arts and sciences are avatars of human creativity". -Mae Jemison

I'm Antonette Ellen Murphy. My place of birth was a major city: Dublin, Ireland. You have been on your own for as long as you can remember. I have a younger brother that you have lost touch with. A twin sister that you have lost touch with. An adopted younger brother that you are very close to. An older sister that you still keep in touch with, but you're not particularly close.  I was raised by my grandparents after my mother died, and my father was too drunk to remember my siblings and my names. I graduated from Trinity College of Dublin with masters in computer science and criminology. the last relationship I was in ended with me breaking off the engagement and running off to the US. and her I am now, alone in Washington DC, with a new job awaiting me. 

~~~

did I ever really matter to him? I lie awake with the question on repeat in my mind like an annoying song. the red blaring light from my alarm clock read 5:49 am. this one bedroom apartment isn't going to move in all on its own. I searched for the nearest coffee shop to get my day started. I ordered breakfast so I could unpack while its being delivered. I found one of the boxes with my clothes in it and found a flowy silk blouse and a pair of blue jeans that tugged on my legs and waist in all the right places. I did very light makeup, mascara and concealer, and finally breakfast was here. I ate the eggs and hash browns quickly as if my life depended on it, which it did almost. the BAU, from my understanding, are the badasses of the FBI. they are what I strive to be, which is why I am going to be an intern for the boss bitch, Penelope Garcia. 

I walk into the bullpen and is greeted with the smell of coffee and fresh printed paper. I'm gonna have to get use to this. a women wearing a pinkish red floral dress on with the same color clips in her short blonde hair in the position to where they look like space buns, walks over to me. "hi sweets! whatcha doing here this early? are you an intern?" she said walking fast to me with tablet in hand. "I'm here for Ms. Garcia. I'm here for the tech internship." her eyes shot up and she started to hug the life back into my lifeless body. "oh perfect!please call me just Garcia or Penelope, not much into titles. I got you here early because I wanted to teach you my systems and have you meet someone. oh you are going to love him, Toni." she said going back to where she was before coming over to meet me. She's my boss? this we'll be interesting. 

we walk into a room that was filled with computers galore with computers of all kinds. I was in awe, I think my jaw was to the floor because Ms. Garcia started laughing. "you'll get use to it. now, do you have- oh I see you already have a laptop. the bureau has a hard drive that lets your laptop access literally everything. Hotch will stop by and give it later." she told me even more information about the software of the computers, but I already knew everything she was saying. I was too busy staring at a picture of her and man: tall, dark, handsome to say the least. he was smiling which, even through a photo, made me smile. Penelope caught on real quick. "oh him? that's Derek Morgan, he's one of the agents here, and my best friend." I looked back at her in shock, "you guys aren't dating? you guys seem so close in this picture." she thought my presumption was funny. "me and Morgan? oh no. he's too much of a player for my liking. I have a boyfriend, he's the other tech guy here. you'll meet him later." she walked out of what she calls the lair, and to the bullpen where I followed her. and there he was, picture guy. 

"hey babygirl, what happening?" he said bringing her into a hug and kissing her forehead. is she sure they aren't dating? "hey, this is our new tech intern. play nice, I'm gonna get some coffee for us. whatcha want Toni?" "black with sugar please. thank you so much." I said before she gave me a thumbs up and left. "black coffee with sugar? extra manors? you must've grown up poor." he said leaning on my desk.  "how does all that mean I'm from an unfortunate neighborhood?" I said defending myself, he look shocked that his profile was wrong. "I guess that I was wrong. sorry, that's just how I and everyone I grew up with take their coffee. so where are you from?" he said smirking at me. damn, Garcia was right. "I'm from Ireland, actually. but I came to the US  for college and for this job." his shocked face went to a whole new level. "Ireland? wow. so your family is like rich. like castles with gold toilets?" I started laughing which made him laugh harder.  he laughter made my heart warm. "I grew up comfortable, but hard working. I wouldn't want it any other way." he nodded. "I dig it. now, for the big question. did you bring back a leprechaun boyfriend with you, or single?" laughter blurted out of my throat, I calmed myself to answer the question. "single and thriving. what about you? mr. questions" I said, he giggled at his nickname. "umm, yeah, I'm single as well. but, I'm gonna make sure that no one else on the team takes you. alright?" he said before, what seemed like  the team, came in. "ok, stud muffin."  I didn't mean to fall in love him so hard, it just happened.

~~~

yay! a new story! thank you so much for reading! love you!