015

Avalon awoke, her back aching from the firmness of the ground she slept on. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and groaning. She looked over and saw Ingrid still asleep, she looked the other way and so was Draco, resting peacefully on his side, his back facing her, heaving up and down with his breaths. Fred was going to be furious, she knew that, but she also knew she couldn't have just left Draco there, he could've died. Fred's face, coating in small spatters of f=blood and drips of sweat re-entered her head, it scared it, terrified her actually, knowing what he was capable of. And not only was Fred frightening her, Draco had turned soft last night, he was sweet and sincere, even to Ingrid and Neville who he'd also never treated the best throughout their years at Hogwarts. He asked her to stay but never solidly explained why, or how. Stay in that moment? Stay nice to him? Stay with him forever? She didn't know, and she wasn't entirely sure he did either. She sat up completely, her hands holding up her torso behind her. Malfoy shifted in his sleep, bringing his legs closer to his body. Avalon stood up, straightening her legs for a few seconds as they regained their balance and walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind her.

The tile of the bottom of the shower was cold and wet, water falling from the material and to the ground, the pellets from the shower head hitting her legs repeatedly. They were tucked into her chest and her head was leaning back against the walls, her eyes shut tightly as she tried to figure out everything that was going on. Fred loved her, she loved him, but he had the full ability to hurt her, but he wouldn't do that not to her, but he would do it to anyone who got near her, he was too controlling. Draco on the other hand, made her life a living hell, that was it, he had to pro's, just one single con, that to any person in the right mind, would make them push Draco away but she felt like even if it was just friendly, she needed to stay, she said she would. Fred and Avalon were perfect for each other and there was no arguing that he was her puzzle piece, everything she had ever asked for, though he frightened her, she felt like she could get past that. Moments like the night before very rarely happened, Fred doesn't get angry often, especially not that angry if he doesn't have a valid reason. Maybe he did have a valid reason for what he did last night, maybe all the built up anger towards Draco had finally caught up to him and he just unleashed it, and Avalon was in the wrong place at the wrong time to have had to see it. That still didn't mean she wasn't allowed to care for Draco until he was better, it was simply the nice thing to do, for him and his enormous ego. Fred was her boyfriend, and they loved each other, and they were perfect for each other, and that's final. Her and Draco could be friends, but nothing more and Fred would just have to deal with that.

Problem solved right?

Wrong.

Avalon stood up, pressing her hand against the wet tile to balance herself from standing up as quickly as she did, and turned the shower off, the water slowly dripping off of her body, leaving her shivering until she stepped out reaching for her towel. She warped it around her bare, cold torso, the goosebumps rising on her skin slowly as the cold air of the vents hit her skin. She peered through the door to make sure Draco was still asleep before stepping out, luckily for her, he was. She stepped out, turning immediately for her wardrobe where she grabbed her undergarments, a pair of black leggings and a solid red Gryffindor hoodie with the house emblem on the left shoulder, and a black tank top to wear under it. She went back into the bathroom to change in case Draco woke up, she wouldn't want him waking up to the sight of her changing. Once she had slipped her clothes on, her body felt warm, cozy. She slipped a pair of socks on and threw her hair up into a bun, tying it loosely and pulling out two strands from the side, which laid perfectly to frame her face. She put some mascara on, coating some over her eyelashes as the door was thrown open. She turned around quickly, practically dragging the mascara wand across her forehead out of shock to see Draco stumbling inside weakly.