Tell The World I'm Coming Home

I slammed the car door shut, looking straight at the dark road ahead, trying with all my strength to not look back at Marshall. My mind was racing, scattering an innumerable amount of thoughts per second. "Did he leave yet? Or is he still standing there? What if he runs to car window?" Those thoughts were continuously bouncing around my head until I snapped out of it and realized that we were now entering the freeway.

"Lovin' you forever, can't be wrong, even though you're not here, won't move on, ahhhh, that's how we played it -" Lana Del Rey's soft yet emotive voice emerged out of car's speakers.

"Wow, really." I expressed my irritability out loud.

"Not a huge fan of Lana Del Rey?" The Uber car driver asked me in a low, gruff voice while he turned down the volume. I looked over at the car's mirror and glanced at his beady eyes overlooking me.

"I actually love Lana Del Rey. Sorry about that, it's just that, uh," my voice slowly faded off, pausing whether or not to delve into my problems with a complete stranger. In a split second my mind just said "Fuck it." I'm only gonna see this guy one time. "It's because I literally just broke up with a pretty special person earlier and out of all of the songs that play on the radio, it's this damn song. I only thought this type of stuff happens in movies."

"I'm sorry to hear that." He let out a deep sigh.

"You're just saying that." I accidentally made a rude remark. The driver looked back into the car's mirror and looked right at me.

"Well, what do you say to a person who just went through a breakup? 'Better luck next time?'," He exhaled a soft chuckle. "I'm serious. I'm sorry to hear that. I know for a fact that this person you were with really meant a lot to you."

"And how do you know that?"

"Why else would you be going to an airport at sunset with no luggage and waiting on the side of the road with a kid in your arms? You also just stormed out of the cab to talk to that one person. And going to an airport only implies that you lived with this special person and now you're going back to your real home."

"Wow, you should be a fortune teller instead." A small smile somehow made its way onto my face.

"I'm not telling your fortune, I'm just telling you what I observed and know. I've been down that road before as the heartbreaker and the one who was heartbroken." He confessed to me as he drove the car into the city and off the freeway.

"What's your story?" I asked him, intrigued to know even though this man was a complete stranger.

"Long story short: when I got heartbroken with this special girl, I was devasted for too long. Once I saw the light, I moved on. I still love that girl, but we just can't be together. When I was the heartbreaker, I ruined that same girl's heart long before she ruined mine. One day we finally just realized we couldn't be together." He confessed once more to me as he pulled up in front of the Detroit Airport. "Anyways, I'm just letting you know once time passes, you'll know what's best for you." He offered a friendly and what seemed to be hopeful smile at me as I opened the door. "And don't worry about the price of the ride, this one will be on me." He offered an even bigger smile. I was just hesitant of his generosity.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name." I said to him as I stuck my hand out to shake.

"Jacob. Your's?" He firmly grasped my hand and shook it.

"Adore." I smiled right back at him.

"Adore, that's a very unique name and it'll be hard to forget you. Well, I guess this is goodbye. I hope life turns out better for you." He said to me as I waved goodbye and closed the door. Alex was cradled into my arms as I entered the noisy and busy airport. I knew for a fact he was going to wake up any minute.

After I purchased my ticket (spent $250 damn dollars) I rested at a nearby seat and just waited till my flight was ready.

-----

*Marshall's POV*

She stood there, ahead of me wearing my favorite outfit of hers. The short length , white dress was gently draped over her curvy body. Her beautiful, fiery, passion-filled hair faintly hung over her shoulders. I always found myself gazing at her hair.

She stood a few feet from me with her back turned to me. I called her name to get her attention. She slightly turned her head to the point where I could only see half of her face, but not both. She acknowledged my call, letting a tiny smile escape her lips. But she continued to walk away. A second ago she was right in front of me, now she was 50 feet away, still walking away. I kept calling her name until she finally stopped. This time, she finally turned her whole body around, revealing both sides of her face. I could feel a big smile beam off of my face, just struck with awe by her beauty. Right as I approached her with my arms reached out, ready to tell her I love her, and as my lips desperately desired to kiss her, she suddenly backed away.

"I hope you realized what you've done." She sternly mumbled and turned her back to me once again. In a blink of an eye, she disappeared. At that moment, my whole world crumbled all around me. Everything in sight turned black and I began to feel that falling sensation.

My body shot up and my eyes immediately opened. Shaky breaths exhaled out of my mouth as I realized I had just been dreaming. I slowly stroked the other side of the bed, complete reminiscence of her presence flooded my mind. Where she once slept. Where our bodies would entwine together, creating a barrier of warmth and protection.The one place where she felt safe.

"FUCK!" I yelled in pure rage. I immediately slammed my fist against the bed feeling a pain all in my body that was nearly impossible to put into full detail. I was just mad at myself for being the heartbreaker once again.

When she confronted me of being a hypocrite, that shit really fucking opened my eyes and made me realize how much I fucked up. Here I am, the one person who complains so much about heartbreak and how women are not loyal, now being the asshole who cheated and completely ruined something that had a beautiful future to it. How the fuck can I be so selfish!!?

How I told her that I acted in the moment and couldn't control myself. That sounded so inconsiderate. Of course I could control my fucking self.

All I really wanted to do was just talk about it. To express my guilt and how sorry I was. I just wanted to hear her sweet, soothing voice one more time. I had a feeling that that desire wouldn't be met.