Love You Till The End of Time

The next day ticked by slower than usual days. Soon I would be in Marshall's arms again and I honestly could not bare being without him anymore.

I sat on the couch, impatiently and continuously checking my phone for a recent text message from him. When I realized I was being antsy too much, my eyes drifted to my leggings. The leggings I decided to wear were special. They weren't just any kind of leggings - they had The Joker and Harley Quinn on them. Harley Quinn rested her head under The Joker's chin, smiling and completely heels over head about him while he flashed a malicious grin. I studied this image for about a minute and I suddenly thought of them as Marshall and I.

People think "Wow how can Harley be in love with such a person like The Joker? She must be as crazy as him." Putting two and two together, the media portrays us like that. People who don't personally know us think "How can a young woman fall in love with such a hateful person?" In reality he's one of the most sweetest and loving people ever.

*Knock knock knock* My head immediately went up, surprised of the sudden knock. I shot up and hurriedly walked to the door and yanked it open.

There he was.

Marshall stood a few feet in front of me with his hands stuffed into his cargo short's pockets. We stared at each other in complete awe of each others presence. Even though we haven't seen each other in weeks ... it felt much much longer than that. Our eyes both met and locked on. I bursted out with a huge smile simply because I was so happy to see him again. Without warning, I took a hold of his hand and tugged him inside. He leaned onto the front door, gazing at me and smiling.

"I missed you." I softy spoke. I waited for a response from him or a smile or just anything that assured me he loved me too. In a matter of seconds, Marshall picked me off of my feet and we softly fell onto the couch. While I laid there, light laughter escaped from my mouth and I could not help but express a bright smile.

"Me too." He whispered as he looked down at me. His eyes slowly gazed down at my face like his eyes were sensually scrutinizing my face ... as if he were getting re-familiar with my physical features all over again. Just then he pressed his tender yet familiar lips against mine. And just like before, our lips immediately moved in unison and created such a rhythmic movement together. Our lips broke apart once we heard the sound of loud footsteps running.

"Marshall!!" Alex shrieked with happiness as he ran into Marshall's arm with true delight pumping through him. Marshall picked him up and looked at him with a smile. "Where have you been? I missed you!" Alex told him. I softly bit my lip as Alex's comment.

"Uh," Marshall paused and looked at me, unsure of what to say. "Your mommy had to take a vacation for a little bit without me." He said to Alex while Alex fiddled with his fingers.

"Why?" Alex looked up with puppy eyes. When Marshall was about to speak, I quickly got up and interrupted.

"Sweetie, it's an older person thing. Don't worry about it." I hushed Alex and gave him a kiss on his forehead. Marshall and I locked eyes once again and just gazed at each other, not daring to look anywheres else.

Just then, the front door opened, which startled me for a quick second, but I realized it was only my mom.

"Oh my goodness! You're here!" My mom said with a surprised look. She smiled at the both of us. "What are you two planning to do for today?" She asked. That question caught us off guard as we looked at each other and shrugged. "You two should go out and have a nice time! Here, I'll take Alex off of your hands so you two won't be bothered."

Before I could say anything, my mom quickly put Alex into her arms. "Uh, mom, it's fine. Alex can come with us." I tried to convince her.

"No,no,no. You two go out and have a good and relaxing time!" She insisted. I looked at Marshall one more time and saw a tiny smile on his face. He shrugged and expressed a "why not" facial expression. I went over to Alex and gave him a kiss on his head.