Chapter 2

"What happened between you and Cheryl?"

Present Time...

Veronica only dreaded this question because it would bring Toni and Cheryl closer together. She took in a deep breathe and thought about her answer. Was it truthful? Partially. Will Toni ever find out? Probably.

"Hellooo?!" Toni said standing in front of Veronica. Veronica took a deep breathe in and began to speak.

"She just stopped talking to me." Veronica said as Toni just looked at her confused.

"So she just stopped talking to you? Your bestfriend just stopped talking to you out of nowhere?" Toni asked tilting her head to the side a little bit.

"Yes. I don't know why, but she just stopped talking to me." Veronica said shrugging her shoulders. Toni's head was roaming with different thoughts. About Cheryl, then that's when she thought about Kevin and Betty. Kevin and Betty stopped talking to her too. It's as if they were just not there anymore. It all just stopped, almost as an instant.

"Well what about Kevin and Betty? They haven't been talking to you lately. What happened between you guys?" Toni asked crossing her arms now looking into her eyes.

"They just stopped talking to me, too. Once Cheryl stopped talking to me, they followed. I'm not even surprised though. They were like her little maids. Catering to all of her needs whenever she wanted it." Veronica said shaking her head laughing to herself a little bit. Toni found all of this weird. The fact that everyone just stopped talking to her so suddenly. There's no way that they were going to just stop communicating with her for no reason. She wanted to get to the bottom of it, once and for all.

The day was coming to a close and Toni wanted to talk to Cheryl about everything. Even if Cheryl didn't want to, she still wanted to speak her mind. She saw Cheryl at her locker and started her way to her.

"Hey Cheryl. Can we talk?" Toni asked as Cheryl just stayed quiet and put her things in her locker.

"Cheryl? Are you going to respond?" Toni asked as Cheryl looked at her as she slowly closed her locker door.

"What?" Cheryl asked looking at Toni. Toni wanted to roll her eyes, but that was only going to make Cheryl leave, so she decided to hold it in.

"What happened with you and Veronica?" Toni asked as Cheryl's face changed. She had a confused face and then she just smirked a little. Toni looked at her confused.

"Ask your girlfriend. And if she told you that I just stopped talking to her, ask yourself if that could really be true. Just watch out for your little girlfriend." Cheryl said as she brushed past Toni. Toni turned and watched Cheryl walk away. All of this was becoming a burden for Toni. Toni just felt like something about this entire puzzle was missing. Little did she know, she was the missing piece.

Toni went to her dorm room and sat down on the bed. She took a hot shower, got dressed and laid down in bed. As she was laying down, she was thinking about everything. About what could've really happened. She was thinking until she figured out all of this happened around when Veronica and her started getting close. She didn't understand fully why, but she came to the conclusion about what the fued was about.

Here's what happened...

flashback

It was two weeks after Veronica and Cheryl had their confrontation and Betty was highly pissed. She had a feeling this was going to happen because Veronica have done it plenty of times to plenty of people. She didn't want Veronica getting away with what she did without hearing her peace. Betty invited Veronica to her house.