Chapter 9

The Next Morning...

Cheryl woke up to a cold bed and wondered where Toni was at. She looked at the nightstand to see a note with a Hershey Kiss on top of it and it said:

Cher, I went to get us something to eat, so don't worry. Reggie told me to tell you to call him. Um, I should be back soon. If not, then it shouldn't be too long.

Hugs and kisses,
TT

P.S. It absolutely wasn't a pun in that ;)

Cheryl giggled at her girlfriend's cheesy joke and put the letter back on the nightstand and went to call Reggie. Reggie answered and all you heard was loud boys in the background.

Hey, Cher.

Hey, Reggie. You wanted me to call you?

Oh, yeah. Mom wants us there by 7:30. I don't know why she wants us there so early, but that's what she said. She also asked if you were bringing anyone.

Well, I'll text her and tell her I am. And I should be ready by seven. Are we taking my car or yours?

Yours. It's more... bitchy. I wanna ride in style.

Aww, look at my little brother. Admiring his sister. You're growing up too fast.

Oh, shut the hell up gingivitis.

I know you're talking, Mr. 15 cavities.

Okay. Now, that was too far.

You started it.

Bye. I have to tame these animals.

Says the leader of them, but bye and see you soon.

Bye, bighead.

Reggie hung up the phone before Cheyel could get another word in. She chuckled to herself and heard the doorknob rattling. Toni had all of this stuff in her hands and Cheryl just looked at her like she was crazy. Cheryl got up from the bed and helped Toni carry the stuff to the bed. Toni sat down and tried to catch her breath before talking. Cheryl passed her her iced coffee and Toni drunk some.

"Hey?" Cheryl said hesitantly. Toni laughed breathily.

"Hey, baby." Toni said before laying down on the bed. Cheryl laid down too and turned her head to face Toni.

"I take it as you're tired?" Cheryl asked sarcastically. Toni nodded and Cheryl kissed her cheek.

"How long have you been woke?" Cheryl asked sitting up.

"About eight o'clock," Toni said. Cheryl looked at the clock and it was two o'clock in the afternoon.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Cheryl asked.

"You threatened to break up with me if I tried to again," Toni said looking at the redhead.

"You know I was just saying that because I was sleepy," Cheryl said.