Before the Confession

Marshall: Hey, isn't the Adventure Bay Valentine's Party coming up? You could tell her there!

Rocky: Good thinking Marshall! 

Marshall: Thanks. *beams

....................................................................................................................

Chase is digging in his pup house for outfits. Marshall is helping.

Chase: I need to find something good to wear. To look handsome.

Marshall: Don't worry, you're already handsome. Skye would be a dumb, stupid pup if she doesn't fall for you.

Chase: *gives Marshall a stern look  Don't talk about Skye like that. She's amazing no matter what.

Marshall: O-oh okay.

Marshall: Wait how about this one! The one you wore when you protected the crown of barkingburg! (Shown in Mission Paw: Quest for the Crown)

Chase: Looks great! Thanks for helping me find this, Marshall. Everything has to be perfect. I love her so, so much. 

Marshall: No problem.

....................................................................................................................

Skye: Do you really think he loves me?

Everest: Of course.

Skye: Alright.

Everest: Wait, do you want to dazzle him at the Valentine's Party?

Skye: There's a Valentine's Party?

Everest: Of course, silly. It's in 3 days.

Skye: 3 DAYS!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

Everest: Ummmmm...

Everest: Maybe you don't need to be that panicky?

Skye: Sorry, it's just that...uhh...I really want to look beautiful so he will notice me.

Everest: Seriously, he probably already notices you more than he notices Ryder.

....................................................................................................................

Rubble: Maybe you could tell her with a plate of food.

Zuma: Seriously dude, is food all you think about?

Chase: *facepaws

Rocky: Wait, I actually think Rubble has a good idea.

Rubble: See? *glares at Zuma & Chase

Zuma & Chase: Ok, no need to get angry...hehe...

....................................................................................................................

Skye: Everest, are you sure you are good at giving makeovers? 

Everest: Trust me Skye, I know what I'm doing. 

Skye: Okay, but where are you going to find makeup? 

Everest: I stole Mayor Goodway's.

Skye: Wait what, you actually did?!?

Everest: Yeah why not? She doesn't even look good in it!

Skye: *thinking  Yes, very true...

Everest: And, I'll just return it. She probably won't even notice, all she cares about is that chicken.

Skye: Haha...

Everest: Alright, now let's get to it!

....................................................................................................................

Everest: *walks over to the bush where she hid the makeup box  Here it is.

Skye: Ewwwww! What is that smell?!?

Everest *a little embarrassed  Um, I wasn't able to get all the chicken poop cleaned off it. I cannot seriously believe how much poop was in that purse. And Mayor Goodway doesn't even smell it!

Skye: Haha! Well, I guess I could keep up with the poop smell. It's not that strong.

Everest: Now keep your eyes closed. *starts moving on with the makeup brush

Skye: *giggles  That tickles.

Everest: Okkkkk, nowwwww I'm done.

Skye: How do I look?

Everest: See for yourself *holds up a mirror

Skye: Ahhhhh!!! I look horrid!!! There's chicken poop all over my face!!!

Everest: Welllll, I may have not thought that chicken poop would get into the inside. Here, I'll help you wash it off.

Skye: *shudders  Thanks.

....................................................................................................................

Rocky: Okay Chase, so we'll put these apple slices together like this, and then the strawberries on top. That makes a shape of a heart.

Chase: Wow!

Zuma: And I'm spelling "Skye, I have always had a crush on you and loved you. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Chase: Yup, that's all true. 

Marshall: And instead of the Valentine feast, she will get this instead.

Chase: Won't she ask? Maybe she should still get the feast, just this as extra.

Rocky: Ok.

Rubble: Hey, I know this plate is for Skye, but I can't resist eating it...

Rocky, Marshall, Chase, Zuma: No!!!

Rubble: Okay, okay...

....................................................................................................................

Skye: Actually I think I'll go without makeup.

Everest: Good idea, I guess.

Chapter 9: 622 words