Confessing to Their Friends/Rocky's Plan in Action (Part 2)

Chase has already confessed to his friends about his crush. Will Skye confess too?

The pups are headed to the pet parlor.

Rocky: Katie, can you help us with this plan?

Katie: I guess...what is it about?

Rubble: We know that Chase likes Skye and we're pretty sure that Skye likes Chase too, so we're trying to get Skye to confess.

All the pups tell Katie about everything.

Katie: Okay, great, you have my support.

....................................................................................................................

Everest: Come on Skye, let's have a pamper session at Katie's pet parlor!

Skye: Ok, I'm coming.

....................................................................................................................

Marshall: Quick, I hear them coming, let's hide behind this tub.

Rocky: Ok.

Everest and Skye enter the pet parlor.

Katie: Oh hi girls! You ready for your pamper sessions?

Everest: Yup.

Everest: *while in the bath  So...Skye, do you happen to like anyone?

Skye's Thoughts: I like Chase.

Skye: *shifts a little uncomfortably  Uh...what do you mean?

Everest: I mean like do you have a crush on anyone.

Skye's Thoughts: I know what that means...I just don't want to leak my secret.

Skye: Well...yes...

Everest: Who is it?

Skye's Thoughts: Why does she want to know? I hope she gives up on this question soon.

Skye: ...

Everest: Skye, it's ok, I'm your best friend and I promise I won't tell anyone.

Skye's Thoughts: She has a good point...but this secret has been secret for a long time, and I don't really want to share it now.

Skye: ...sorry, I can't.

Everest: Double please...triple please...pretty please...pretty please with a cherry on top...

Skye's Thoughts: I don't know...

Skye: ...

Everest: I'll be in full support of you guys...

Skye's Thoughts: I guess maybe I'll tell her...

Skye: I might tell you...

Everest: I'll just guess, is it Chase?

Skye: *face goes completely red and body is uncomfortable  Well...um...yes?

Everest: *goes in comforting mode  Don't worry, I think you and Chase are great together, and I think he also likes you.

Skye's Thoughts: Really...could he like me? That would be the best thing ever!

Skye: I don't know how to say this...but thank you for helping me confess, Everest.

Everest: No problem!

All the other pups come out of their hiding place.

Skye: *jumps  What...why... 

Marshall: You mean what are we doing here?

Skye: Yeah...

Skye: But now everyone knows!!! And I only meant to tell Everest!!! 

Katie gives Skye a comforting massage.

Katie: Calm down Skye.

Skye: *is still a little mad but pretty much calmed down  I guess it's ok then. *sighs

Rocky: We think that you and Chase should be together too, and we will help you.

Skye: Oh ok, thanks then.

Rubble: And we'll make Chase your big brown fluffy snuggly teddy bear!

Skye, Everest, Rocky, Marshall, Zuma, Katie: Huh?

Rubble: Oh...nevermind.

Everyone: *laughs  Good joke Rubble.

Guys sorry if I used too many of these dots (...) in this chapter, I just didn't really know any other way to make it seem that Skye was reluctant to tell her secret.

Chapter 8: 503 words