chapter 2

Three years ago

Aurora's point of view

"Aurora what were you thinking!" my dad scolded me and I simply just sighed. "Do you realize how dangerous it is for you, my daughter, to be going to that club?" He continued and I simply nodded. He sighed and shook his head. "Why would you go there?" I stayed quiet. "Answer me dammit!" he said slamming his hands on his desk. I sat there still and looked up to him.

"Because I am tired of having to walk around listening to your every demand and go out with body guards because you made the poor decision as a leader. I am more than capable of protecting myself and I knew what I was getting myself into the second I even allowed the thought of me walking into that club into my head" I said firmly. I'm not a little girl anymore. I don't need to be protected i don't need anyone in fact i'm better off alone anyway. I don't need a happily ever after or a prince i don't want to be a princess and i'm not scared of the dark. The monsters in the closet are gone and the cruel world became my home. I'm not a little girl anymore and I'm tired of being treated like one. .

"Don't you dare speak to me like that Aurora. If your mother was here you know you wouldn't be acting like this." I clenched my jaw. "Don't you dare speak of my mother like you're not the reason she is dead" I spat at him and anger was clear all over his features. "Get out of my office" He said and I laughed dryly picking myself up and leaving. I went into my room and packed a bag. I went down the stairs and heard my fathers footsteps close behind. "Where do you think you are going?" he said and I kept walking but responded dryly. "Out" with that I walked out and kept walking without looking back. Of course he shouted my name saying to come back but I didn't. Though if he cared enough he'd follow and drag me in but he gave up at this point because i'm never going to listen. I live life for the thrill and the adrenaline of being told what i can't do and what i can't have. I like the chase not the catch.

I have been in danger the second I was born, because my dad being a leader of a mafia put an automatic target on my back. He tried to keep me out of it but It was something i was fascinated by and decided to become a part of. I didn't do much i've killed people and it didn't really bother me. Nothing phased me after my mom died. Of course my mom was never happy I liked being apart of it but she was too so call her a hypocrite i guess. But we never allowed people to know I was apart of it because it's the twist no one ever expects when i can a pull a gun out and have perfect aim. Or when i can throw a punch without blinking.

So yeah I'm not scared of the world or the cruel people in it. I mean shit i only add to the chaos. But I was trained well enough to get myself out of situations If necessary. The club didn't scare me neither did the people who were associated with it. I walked around down and just allowed myself to think. You see happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. My family was damaged beyond repair but there is nothing I can do to change it so I have to just keep living life with it on my shoulders. I arrived at Tess's apartment and walked in. I went to her room and placed my things on the floor. "Again?" She asked and I only nodded in response.

"Well I don't know if you're down but Li Grey and Bell and I are going to the club again if you wanna join" she said i smirked. "Of course I wanna fucking go" She smiled and we both got ready. I wore a red dress that went down to right above my knees with my leather jacket and black heels. My hair was curled and my makeup was pretty simple."Ready to go?" she asked. "One more thing" I said as I put the gun I had on the strap I had that was around my thigh, securing it safely. "Do you go everywhere with that fucking thing" She asked and I noodded laughing. "Who knows maybe I will shoot the DJ if they don't play The Neighborhood" I smirked and she only laughed in response.

We finally got picked up by Liam and I smiled. "Well hello Mr.Payne how are you on this fine evening?" I asked. "Quite well even though I was chosen to be the driver for the night and how about you Miss.Adams?" I smiled and only shrugged. "Meh same old shit different day I guess" He nodded and we were off. We finally arrived at the club and I smiled to myself knowing my dad will be pissed when he finds out aI went here again. We went in and I made my way to the bar. "What can I get you, pretty lady? '' said the bartender and I looked at him while his eyes wandered my body and I chuckled. "My eyes are up here bud and I would like a rum & coke thank you" I said and he was thrown off at my comment and only nodded in response to my drink.

"And who might you be?" Said the man who just approached me. He was tall, slightly built but nothing crazy. I would kick his ass for sure. "Depends who's asking" I say and his eyes watched me closely as I grabbed my drink from the bartender. "Well let me introduce myself, I am Niall and you are?" he said with a slight smile and I bit my lip going onto my tippie toes getting close to him "I'm the girl who isn't interested babe" I whispered into his ear and he seemed shocked at my reply and I simply walked away. His name sounded familiar. I just don't remember why. I continued my way through the crowd and made my way to Tess, Liam, Bell and Grey.

"Where did you go dickhead" Said Tess and I only raised my glass to her and she nodded in response. "Who was that guy talking to you?' asked Liam and I only shrugged. "Dunno and don't care" and he just furrowed his eyebrows and left it be. "Oh my good Aurora the song, dance floor now" I only smirked taking her hand as she pulled me onto the dance floor. Daddy issues by the neighborhood started to play. We danced singing the lyrics allowing our intoxicated hearts take control for a moment.

"I'm not entirely here, half of me disappeared"

"That guy is staring" Bell whispered to me as we danced. I turn to see a man sitting at a table with a few guys near the floor. His hair was long and his arms were scattered with tattoos. He had his bottom lip between his lips and his eyes focused on Bell and I. His eyebrows were furrowed. I look at his hand on the table seeing rings two being an H and the other being an S. Fucking hell, he stared because he knew who I was, but little did he know I knew who he was. I only smirked and continued to dance, not letting him phase me. I know he saw me looking at him but I didn't care.When the song finally ended Bell and I made our way back to our table.

The night went by quickly drink after drink, dance after dance but I enjoyed the feeling. I wasn't plastered but I was tipsy. I looked around for the man I saw earlier but he was nowhere to be found but I didn't let it bother me. "I have to piss" Said Tess and I laughed saying I would go to the bathroom with her. She went into the stall and I was just looking at myself in the mirror admiring how I looked. I loved the color red and my leather jacket only made it better. Tess finally finished and we walked out of the bathroom. We bumped into two men, two men I had happened to see already this night. "We meet again" Said the man i saw at the bar earlier, his name is Niall i think. "That we do" It pieced together as to why i knew Niall's name seemed familiar as i saw him stand there with the other man.

The other man looked at me. "Who might you two be?" he asked and I looked at him and pretended to seem intimidated. He smirked allowing it to feed his ego fucking narssitic basterd. Tess didn't need to pretend but she tried to hide her shakiness.I smiled slightly. "Well what kind of gentleman doesn't introduce themselves '' I said Niall looking at me then to the other man laughing slightly and i only smiled innocently and the other one scoffed and I stood there with Tess as the man confirmed his identity.

"Well, I'm Harry Styles"

A/N

yeah not as long as i promised but i swear i'll try updating more! comment and let me know when you all think !