I

Note: I noticed there wasn't any Antonio Vivaldi x Reader so I decided I'd write my own. I hope you like it. :)

 You stood outside of the huge building and studied its features. You were standing outside of the Ospedale della Pieta. It was a giant building held up by Greek style poles. It was all white with many little windows all around it. The roof was slowly turning reddish-orange. It was very obvious it was old, probably from the 14th century or something like that.

You had been hired by the Orphanage about a week ago, by the parish priest in the area. You had been looking for work for a while and something that was meaningful and paid decently. So, once the Orphanage was hiring, you instantly applied. You loved the idea of having to work with kids, especially those that didn't have a loving figure in their lives. Every child deserves a mother, so you thought you could maybe be somewhat of a loving aunt or cousin to the children.

You figured you'd spent enough time just waiting and staring, so you started up the marble, white stairs. You'd never walked on anything this luxurious. You reached the two large wooden doors and took in a deep breath, you were still a little nervous, but mainly excited. The doors were carved with different designs that perhaps dated back to medieval times. It was made out of wood and was at least nine feet tall.

You opened the right door and walked in quietly, closing the door behind you. It was a little chilly inside the building. It was nearly empty except the Greek poles all around the large room. There was a fireplace on every wall to keep it warm but there was no fire going. You hadn't been given any instructions on where to go or who to talk to on your first day, so you saw an old wooden bench and sat down. It was still in the room, as if air didn't exist here, it was creepy, but calming at the same time, if that made any sense at all.

It was all quiet for an orphanage. You thought you might hear something from the children, but maybe they were in a different part of the orphanage. You had been told there were roughly 80 young girls between ages 5 through 10 that you'd be taking care of with three other women, all elderly nuns. You hoped you could connect with the children more, due to being younger and all.

After thirty minutes or so, you heard light footsteps and jumped up. You craned your neck and saw Mr Giuvan, the parish priest who had hired you. You waited as he walked down the marble stairs and kept quiet. You saw him from the corner. He was wearing all black and had a silver cross around his neck, like most priests.

"Oh hello Miss L/N, I've been waiting for you. We're in desperate need for your help. You truly are a blessing in our times of need." Mr Giuvan said, looking at you.

Mr Giuvan was a very old man, almost eighty. He had been the parish priest for nearly fifty years in this area of Venice. He was a kind man with a gentle smile and even at his age he was still sharp and intelligent. He had dark brown eyes, almost black. He was barely three inches taller than you and plump around the waist. He had a deep voice and spoke beautifully.

"Thank you Mr Giuvan. I really need this job. I hope I'm up to the tasks of taking care of the children. I will do everything I can to make sure these children are loved. I'm sorry you were waiting, I didn't know where to go." You said, fiddling with the loose strings of our greyish green skirt. You had decided to wear a loose tan tunic that covered your shoulders and went ¾ down your arms. You had your best skirt that covered your ankles and old boots that almost had holes in them, but you didn't complain, you looked nice in it.

"You look quite nice today, Miss L/N. No need to apologize, I should've given you more instructions on what to do. We do need your help very much. We get more children every year, it's quite sad really, but I'm sure you can bring some light to their lives. May I please show you where they are? My sisters (nuns) have been waiting for you." Mr Giuvan said.