VI

Warning: Smut.

~ Late August, 1707~

You looked outside the large window and saw the rain as it trickled down the clear glass. It was a Late August day in Venice and the clouds had decided it'd be a good day to rain. Bessima was sitting in your lap and you were reading her a story.

Bessima was very sleepy, the rain and your warmth seemed to lull her into it. Antonio had promised you that tonight he'd be taking you out for some fun. He hadn't said what it was, but you were excited to spend time with him. You were always happy to spend time with the red priest.

It was cloudy and grey outside, unusual for August in Venice. You were a little worried the river might overflow, for the city wasn't ready for rain this time of year. But you decided not to think too much about it, for you were going to see and spend time with the red priest.

You had been so happy lately, but a part of you still felt very guilty about the love you had made to Antonio. When you had gone to mass last week, Father Giuvan preached and you could barely pay attention, guilt consuming you as he said words of the Lord.

It was so wrong to love a priest. You knew it deeply in your heart and head. He had dedicated his life to the Lord, taken holy vows that he'd never marry or love romantically, and you were making him break those vows to Lord. It was an awful feeling, not just because you were loving a priest, but also because you had given yourself to a man as an unmarried woman.

But despite that, you kept seeing him, and you loved it. You were so happy when you were with him. He was so sweet and kind to you. You didn't know what Antonio thought of it, but you assumed he didn't feel any guilt about it. He had only kept seeing you more and more after the night of love making.

Perhaps it was just best to look away from the guilt, or at least that's what the back of your mind told you. But you knew it was wrong, no matter what the small hedonistic voice of you said in the back of your mind. It bugged you, but you loved the red priest so much.

He always would walk you home, and your parents had spoken to him on a few occasions, completely unaware that you were romantically involved with him. You had even had dinner with the Vivaldi family, they were also unaware that you loved their son, but again, no one knew except you and the red priest.

At this Bessima awoke and yawned, stretching out and got up, breaking you out of your daze. You shook your head a bit, for some reason you felt hazy and unbalanced after thinking about the man you loved and desired for in life. Bessima seemed to notice your off balance.

"Are you okay, Donna L/N?" Bessima said, her long black hair now falling down to her knees. Goodness, Bessima was such a sweet little girl.

"Oh I'm fine Bessima. I was just thinking of some personal things. Nothing of importance." You said, getting up and stretching out your legs and arms as you did so.

"What things?" Bessima asked, clinging onto your right leg, making you laugh at the little green eyed girl.

"Oh, it's nothing. It's just adult things, now go run off and play." You said and she gave you a hug and ran off with the other girls. You sighed, picking up the book you pretended to be reading. You sat down again. The rain was getting harder and the sun was going down, earlier due to summer coming to an end.

It was Friday and you had been granted Saturday off and Antonio had promised you another night out, like the last time. You rarely got to spend the night with Antonio, so whenever you were given the opportunity you took it. When you spelt at his house you two would make love to each other and you'd play with his hair afterwards.