Chapter 2

A/N: thank you for 100 reads already, I appreciate it! Leave a vote if you like it so far <3

Dream's eyes flutter close as he listens to the rhythm of George's breathing as the brunette lays on his chest in bed, hiding from the storm outside in Dream's arms. Dream smiles and shifts the boy closer to him and rests his chin in his dark, fluffy hair, a content smile making it's way on his face, relaxed with exhaustion.

"Are you okay?" He asks George.

George muffles from Dream's chest, "I hate storms."

"I know."

Dream manages to pull him closer with a gentle hand on his waist, and briefly hugs him tighter to hopefully comfort him. If George hadn't gone through something traumatic in a storm a month ago Dream probably would have teased him for his fear of the storm, but knowing George's past, he understood why George was afraid. Lighting strikes from outside, nearly hitting the neighbor's apple tree, which causes Dream to hold George closer.

George, after shifting slightly from the roar of thunder, relaxes in Dream's presence, and the blonde can feel his breathing slow down from sleep.

~~~~~

"Hi,"

"Mornin', George. There's still a storm."

"Oh," disappointment lines George's features.

They were still laying in bed, George in Dream's arms, and Dream watches as the older boy gazes sleepily outside, a somber expression making way to his face. Dream notices his cheeks redden slightly, and eyes water. He knows it's not from the storm, yet he doesn't push the boy into talking. Dream watches George's eyes flicker from the strike of lighting to the car parked in the driveway, an ugly dark gray and black in color. Before Dream even had the choice whether he wanted to ask George what was wrong or not, a piercing ring erupts next to them.

With an embarrassingly violent flinch, George reaches over for his phone and picks up his phone, "Sapnap" appearing on the caller ID.

Dream lays back on the bed once more, ready to listen to his boyfriend and friend talk next to him, ready to be excluded from their conversation, yet with a sigh George sets his phone on the nightstand and lays back down in bed, this time facing away from Dream, towards the rain-covered window.

"George?" Dream gently holds his shoulder from behind, "You okay?"

When he hadn't received an answer, he lays back down and assumes the boy had fallen back to sleep.