💛🌤 The Hall

This was my first ever fanfic!

Notes:
Ship(s) - Jake x Hailey
Angst - Being rejected, crying
Words - 2187

• • •

"Hurry up, we're gonna be late!"

Hailey's brother called from downstairs, probably in the kitchen. Hailey quickly finished zipping up the back of her dress.

"I'm coming!"

She then walked across the room to pick up her shoes, but stops, catching her reflection in the mirror. This was the first time she had seen herself dressed up like this. With her hair pulled back by a flower clip, a simple but elegant black dress ending just above her knees and light makeup, she looked like a completely different person. Too bad-

"HAILEY!"

Zander's voice tears her from her thoughts. Picking up her flats, she runs out of her room, through the dim hallway and down the stairs. She sees her brother standing by the door. He's wearing a dark purple suit. Zander's eyes widen a bit in surprise but they quickly narrow.

"What's with that outfit?" he says suspiciously.
"Can't I just look nice for once? This is the last dance of the year after all." Hailey replied.
Zander gave her one last suspicious look then turned around and open the door. The cool afternoon air wafted in.

"Bye Mom!" He called out before stepping out.
"Goodbye! Love you both!" her mother called out from upstairs.
"Love you too!" Hailey replied, then followed her brother out. She steps into the passenger seat of Zander's car, and closes her eyes as the car pulls out.

~~~

Hailey felt the car come to a stop as Zander found a parking spot. The two got out and Haliey turned to face the school. Dozens of students were walking in, and lively music from the inside was barely heard above the chatter. They walked inside and stepped into the gymnasium, where the dance was being hosted. The noise level increased tremendously and Hailey could barely hear her brother when he said, "Let's look for the others."

She followed him as he walked along the back of the gym, looking for their friends. Hailey looked at the decorations lining against the walls, and the colorful lights decorating the place. It would have been more enjoyable if the music wasn't so loud and the place didn't feel so packed.

"Hey guys!"

The siblings turned to see who had called them. Luke was standing with Milly against the back wall. Hailey gave them a wave, and Zander walked up and gave him a hug. Hailey walked up to Milly and smirked.

"Looks like someone decided to dress up." she said. Milly rolled her eyes. She's wearing a short dark red dress with a black jacket. "Look at yourself first, Ms. About-To-Attend-A-Royal-Ball." Milly shot back. Zander and Luke laughed. Hailey let out a sigh, but laughed as well. "Hey, do any of you know where Sean is?"

"Don't know." Milly replied. "I tried texting him, but he wouldn't respond."

As if on cue, a voice cuts through the crowd. To everyone's surprise, Sean walks up holding a girl's hand. Hailey recognizes her as one of the head girls. What was her name again...?

"Hey guys..." Sean said sheepishly. "Woah, who's this?" Milly asks. "I'm Daisy." the girl said with a smile. "I'm one of the head girls. I was planning on going by myself, but Sean asked if I could go with him, so I said yes."

"I met her after she decided to help me clean after school one day." Sean added.
"Well, it's really nice to meet you." Hailey says, and the rest nod in agreement.