14. LOSE YOU TO LOVE ME

It was almost seven in the evening, we had only watched a few episodes of the series, I paused and looked at Phin, "Are you tired?" I asked.
"Nop why?" He responded. "We  have to prepare supper mum will be home soon." I responded. He didn't object he waited for me to stand and said that he would show himself out, just as he was about to walk out there was a knock by the door, I wasn't expecting any visitors and mum had a few hours before getting home. I walked by the kitchen window to look who the person was to my surprise it was Vic. How could he just come to my place this late I had decided against answering the door while I heard it unlock. "Dumb it Phin, who asked you to open?" I hissed the question to myself.
I rushed towards the door not knowing what I would say to the guest but I was sure it was never going to be a welcome or come in.
"Thank God you are safe." Vic said as he rushed inside to hug me immediately he saw me approaching the door.
"Why haven't you been picking my calls I tried calling you like a hundred times, you didn't show up for the coffee what went on? I have been looking for you, I was worried sick." He continued.
There was a smile in my heart, it looked like I didn't have to overthink about my revenge?
"I am alright Vic, but you cant be here mum will be home in any minute from now she cant find you guys here you have to go." I said emotionlessly. "Beb can't we at least talk? Why weren't you picking my calls?" He asked.
"Sorry I was asleep and my phone was silent but we will talk about that later over the phone go before mum gets here." I responded he was hesitant to leave but he later left with both hands in his pocket, Watching him walk away was heart wrenching but he needed to learn a lesson, Phin walked out right after him leaving me leaning against the door debating on my feelings.
Can you hate someone soo much but also love them dearly?
I went straight to the kitchen and checked if there was any leftover in the fridge, I decided on cooking the fastest meal, I didn't like it when mother knew that there was something bothering me, the longer I stayed with her the easier her reading was. I decided on rice and peas with beef stew it was a simple dish taking less time to prepare. I left it getting ready and walked to the siting room, My phone was still lying on the table I took it and checked my notification bar, missed calls from Vic and messages were what displayed. With anger I switched it off and threw it to the furthest coach, I didn't want to talk to him or anyone else for that matter.

 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Phin's POV
Vic had never called before, I hated him together with his friends, I just didn't understand why Carine wanted to be with him. He sounded so worried when he asked me about Carine, I tried calling her but she was not picking my calls either, I rushed out of the house and headed to Carines' my heart was certain that there was nothing wrong with her but her reaction was different, it was unlike her nit to pick call, she would have at least sent a text maybe she was asleep? I tried talking to myself as I walked towards her house, I had been knocking on the door for more than ten minutes when she finally answered she was sleep, just like I guessed she had been sleeping. I watched as she walked back to her house as I explained to her why I was there, she took her phone stared at it there was a smile on her face as she put the phone back on the table. "Aren't you going to call him back?" I asked her, she responded with a no and suggested that we would at least watch a movie, I sat on the coach as I waited for her to finish setting it up. Carine sat then stretched her legs on the couch letting her head lean on me.
Her posture seemed comfortable for her but for me it was arousing. I pretended to concentrate on the movie rather than her, I had a girlfriend and she had Vic besides we were best friends I wouldn't let my body desires ruin the friendship we had. Carine seemed distracted and bothered not with my growing machine but something else possibly Vic she had been behaving differently, I was happy when she finally paused the movie and suggested on preparing the supper, I suggested that I would see myself out just because I did not want her to notice the change in my body.
There was a knock on the door I thought I would just answer it as I walked myself out, Carine had rushed to the kitchen maybe avoiding the knock, she had been acting ignorantly lately.
I froze as I saw Vic at the door he pushed past me and went straight ahead to Carine hugging her as if that was his last hug in the world, he seemed concerned about whatever was happening with his girlfriend but  she didn't seem to care about him she was just there as if his care meant nothing.
I was in a shock when she asked him to leave without any hint of apology. He didn't seem to worry too much about it. He left looking lost and depressed with both his hands on his pockets, I followed closely behind.
We walked outside the gate and Victor turned to me grabbing me by my neck. "Tell me what you were doing at my girlfriends house? Are you fooling around with her? Answer me?" He shouted shaking me vigorously.
" Stop it Victor, I am not messing with her, I came looking for her when you called and found her asleep. Don't you trust her?" I asked trying to explain to him.
"I trust her but I don't trust you, and she has been acting weird today". He said.
I understood him but thinking that Carine and I were messing around was crazy.
"She seems stressed I saw that but she hasn't shared anything with me. " I said trying to calm Vic down it seemed to work perfectly well as he let me go and stood against the wall holding his head with his both hands. I felt sorry for him. What was Carine thinking and why was she doing this to the man she claims to love?