8. THE DATE

"Thank you that means a lot to me, I really appreciate." I said feeling calm and supported, in my mind I thought Alex would not agree to my statement, I looked at Justin and Liam as they nod their heads in acceptance.

At that moment all I wanted was to run and find Carine, I finally had nothing to worry about. With my friends support I felt like a king having all the strength a real gentleman would require to win a lady. I had confidence.

That Friday Carine avoided me through out, I had even tried sitting next to her during our Communication Skills but she avoiding me and faced her friend throughout making stories which I could barely understand.

I knew she was doing that to avoid me since it was unlike her to speak in the middle of lectures. I tried looking for her after classes but she had already left. I sent her a text message requesting her to meet me that Saturday which she agreed after I insisted that the meeting was important. Although she refused to come home I was okay with going to a restaurant with her.

****************************************************************

I had not made any plans about where I would take Carine. I was worried maybe I would choose a place that she did not like.

I had called Liam the previous night to tell him that Carine was going on a date with me, he was happy for me and advised me on taking her to Clarion hotel but that was too close to our school so I still had to think of another place, we had a long day ahead and all I wanted was to make Carine happy, I also wanted us to create our first date memories and I wanted them to be in a good way.

I stretched my hand to reach to my phone, I –would always sleep till ten the other Saturdays but this was not just like the others this one was special. I looked at my phone and it was already eight, meaning that I still had time to think.

I lazily dragged myself out of my bed of lies to my mother's kitchen, she had already left so I had the house all by myself. It felt lonely and calm, all I missed was Carine.

My mind flashed back to our first day here.

    ************

"You have a beautiful home". She said. "Thanks" I had replied shallowly. I had avoided a conversation with her all the way from town and felt sorry for her if she thought that we were here because I liked her. Fun was all that I wanted.

My thoughts were interrupted by a call from Carine, before picking I said a small prayer asking God to change her mind in case she wanted to cancel the date.

"Hello, how are you?" I asked as soon as I placed the phone next to my ear.

"Hello, I am okay. I really don't know why I called but can you at least tell me where we are going?" She said nervously.

I felt flattered by her calling and lacking the words to explain why she called,

"Just wear anything I will pick you up in 20 minutes' time". I answered smiling.

"We said ten not nine why are you in such a rush?" she asked.

"I just want to spend some time with you and a lot of it for that matter." I spoke in a serious tone than before.

"Okay, see you in twenty. You better not stand me up." She said calmly I was sure there was a smile after those words and with that she hung up.

Twenty minutes were just enough for me to get ready and drop by her place.

***************

I couldn't stop looking at her right dimple which appeared anytime that she smiled or bit her lower lip which she seemed to enjoy doing.

"Will you stop staring? And what are you staring it because the look you are giving me now is scaring me." She said sarcastically as she looked me directly in the eyes.

"Your dimple, it looks pretty, funny that you only have one but sexy how it shows all the time". She blushed and gave me a warm smile as she continued to talk.

"Is it not weird that you are only noticing it now?" All I wanted to do was to avoid that question, how did I never notice it. She was becoming more beautiful than I thought she was before; it was just her natural beauty which I am noticing now.

I didn't want to ruin this moment we were having fun, I wanted the hours to halt so we could take more time here on this table with her right next to me.

I intended to explain to her what she meant to me later during the day, ask her to forgive me and if she accepted it I would request her to be officially my girlfriend.

Carine's POV

Vic couldn't stop staring at me, I was afraid for there is always going to be another mountain, could it be that what I was doing would lead me to my next mountain.

I calmly asked him why he was staring at me, his response flattered me, -but why hadn't he ever noticed the dimple before.

I liked how he would smile anytime I bit my lower lip, this had always been my way of trying to hid my shy self, some people would say it was seductive but it really helped me stand strong, as much as tried stopping it. I needed it in times like this.

Vic suggested that we would first take coffee and the rest would come along. After the coffee he paid the bills and we walked out.

Vic lead me to the movie hall, I had longed a time like this with him, it always appeared in my fantasies. This was a beginning; we could make an us now all I wanted from him was to just ask.

As soon as we settled on the bench, Vic reached for my right hand and requested to talk to me before the movie started, what did he want to say?

He began apologizing for some mistakes that I had never realized he had made, I was okay with all that.

"I don't care about the past mistakes Vic, they will always happen, let's just forget it all and focus about what we have now and that is the time and the movie of-course". I replied to him, I didn't want to tell him that but I just did and I wouldn't take the words back.

The movie took around two hours, which was really fun, when I became emotional about the movie Vic wiped my tears with his handkerchief and this was the romantic life I wanted, this was my movie.

"Hey can we get out of here?" Vic asked.

I froze. Those were the exact words he said to me the first time we went to his home. He seemed to notice my change of mood and tried to calm me down by explaining further that he meant us going to the next planned spot.

I felt hatred drown the happiness I had gained in the previous few hours, could it be that all he wanted was us being friends with benefit? This time it wouldn't work, was that why he had invited me here?