Chapter 20

I was surprised, to say the least, when Gin and Ichiyou invited Ryuu and I to a karaoke night- however, I was not complaining. I fucking love karaoke. Jun and I went last year for his birthday and it was a day to remember.

It's also quite surprising that there's even a karaoke place in the middle of nowhere, but I know better than to question it- so here we find me singing along to the radio with Gin and Ichiyou as Ryuu begrudgingly watches, on our way to a night of karaoke.

"Why are you all singing before we even get there?"

"It's to warm up our voices Ryuu! You should join us!"

"You're crazy if you think I'm actually going to sing tonight."

"Well then why are you even going to karaoke?"

"Because he can't say no to his little sister~" Gin interjected. Ryuu huffed with a roll of his eyes, and I chuckled.

We shortly arrived at the karaoke joint, and Gin prepared our reservation quickly before we were being led to our room by a worker. The room had really vibrant paint with crazy patterns, and it basically screamed karaoke. In the corner was a stage with a karaoke machine, and there was a booth sitting directly across from the stage. 

Ryuu wasted no time sitting down and ordering himself an iced tea, and Ichiyou immediately walked over to the machine to start off the night.

Ichiyou picked I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston and sang her heart out to Gin. Gin fawned at Ichiyou, and Ryuu and I gagged at their lovey-dovey-ness. 

Gin was next up, and she did not disappoint. She put on a performance with Beyonce's Single Ladies- she danced and everything- it was quite entertaining to watch. Even Ryuu cracked a smile at her silly performance.

When she finished, we all clapped and she playfully bowed. She got off the stage and walked over to me, reaching out and grabbing my wrists. 

"Your turn!"

"O-okay!" I nervously spoke.

I was never really a singer, so I doubted I'd sound good- but I wasn't one to back down from a good time. I walked up onto the stage and scrolled through the selection of songs. My eyes came across Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid, and I instantly selected it and got ready to sing.

During my performance, I couldn't help but think back to my childhood, and how much this song reminded me of those darker times.

Up where they walk, up where they run

Up where they stay all day in the sun

Wandering free, wish I could be

Part of that world

Before I even realized it, I had sung the whole song. I exited my little trance and looked at the others. Gin and Ichiyou were clapping furiously, and Ryuu was just staring at me with some look in his eyes that I couldn't decipher.

"That was so good Atsushi! Who knew you could sing?" Ichiyou cheered.

"I-I can?"

"Hell yeah you can. What the hell Atsushi you should've said something!" Gin added.

I awkwardly laughed. "Well I didn't really know I could sing actually..."

"Well damn Jinko. Color me impressed."

My cheeks instantly flamed at Ryuu's words. 

"...T-thanks," I said with a shy smile. 

"Well it's my turn!" Ichiyou announced, heading up to the stage.