Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Yes, it was my first kiss.

Well, after my parents were getting a divorce, I thought that everything ended this way. As I found out they didn't.

But I still kept my distance from the guys' and they stayed away from me. I had the occasional guy friend, but it never went much further than the word acquaintance.

So really, that explains Chase being my first kiss.

The kiss was hardly romantic. It was forced upon me, and he was trying to silently argue with me by using his mouth against mine. In the movies, kisses are soft and light like the beginning of the day.

This one, was cold and hard, like the middle of winter.

But it's not like I can compare by experience.

If Chase and I were to date, would he kiss me passionately? Would I be able to explore the different types of kisses? Lazy, in bed ones. Lustful, and passionate ones. Soft and drawn out ones. Quick, sweet ones. And I would never want to yet again experience the cold hard kiss he gave me.

If I gave him a chance... Would he take me?

__________________________

I fell asleep crying.

I felt so bad about slapping Chase, but he deserved it.

I get up, even though I don't have classes on Thursday.

Chase is nowhere to be seen. I thank God, because I can feel that my eyes are puffy. I make cereal (cinnamon toast crunch) and tea. I head upstairs.

I spot Chase heading downstairs. I pass him on the stares going up.

His eyes may be puffy, but I don't enough evidence within three seconds of seeing his face to say yes.

I place my food on my desk and I almost burst into tears, as I see my Star Wars sweater, the one I wore when I met Chase.

Why is this so confusing?

I wish something would tell me that I should get with him, because I keep doubting myself.

I hate this. I can't breath or think straight. A few minutes later, I hear Chase's door close, and I make up my mind. I slip out my door and knock on his.

"What?" He asks.

"Can I... Come in?"

"Sure. Whatever." He sounds bitter.

I go inside his room. In my mind I think of when he threw up on me, and I smile a bit.

Chase is lying on his bed, an arm draped over his eyes.

"Look," I say, nearing closer. I try to keep my voice from wavering, which is almost next to impossible. I sit down next to him. "I'm sorry about earlier, about slapping you.

"I'm sorry about avoiding you, it's just that I didn't know what my feelings were towards you." I say, then spot his lips. "And I kinda like you."

I kiss him then. It's a slow passionate kiss. He removes his arm from his eyes, and sits up more. He places his hands on my neck. One on the side of my neck and one on the back on my neck. His tongue slips into my mouth and I pull away slowly.

He hugs me, and we fit better together than I thought we would.

"Finally," he whispers. And I smile.

This could count as my first real kiss.

And it so does.