1%

Sam's pov.

It's been months and I haven't had any other jobs, I'll take anything! I don't even have enough money left from my acting gig a year ago. Something just feels missing from me, and no it's not money.. something else. I'm riding my motorcycle right now and didn't realize someone was crossing the road, I snap back from my thoughts and brake immediately. I heard a familiar squeak, shit.

I parked beside the sidewalk and got off my bike to walk up to.. Cat.. Cat Valentine. "Oh my God, I'm so-" I was cut off by her slapping me in the face. I deserve that but she looks different. I know she's an A-lister celeb and I'm just a small time actress, but she really CHANGED, like the fame got too much of her.

Nobody's pov

They walked to the sidewalk to talk so they won't be talking in the middle of the road. "Watch where you're driving!" Cat exclaimed and slapped Sam again, "I'm sorry, I was just caught up in my thoughts!" she apologized, "Cat look, I-" she was cut off by Cat shushing her, "Do NOT call me Cat! Call me Catarina, only my friends call me Cat!" she exclaimed. Sam sighed frustratedly since she had a long day, "Look, I just finished getting rejected from another audition! I've had a long day Cat! Oh, I'm sorry.. Catarina! Just cut me some slack, atleast I didn't hit you with my motorcycle! I barely even have anything to pay my rent anymore so don't you dare act like a priss!" she groaned with slight tears in her eyes because there's nothing much left for her.

Cat furrowed her brows at Sam, then... she recalled what she said, saying that she had barely money left for her rent. She had an idea, "You think that's my problem?! Also look what you did to my shoes, you almost stained them! These are expensive!" Cat exclaimed, "What do you want me to do? Pay for them? I don't even have much money left!" Sam slapped Cat in the face, luckily there were no paparazzi anywhere since it was late at night. "Plus, you should know better to not walk out on your own in the middle of the night knowing you aren't capable of being alone to protect yourself!" Sam exclaimed.

Cat was still shocked at Sam slapping her, "If you're so desperate for money just work for me!" she exclaimed, "What?" Sam furrowed her brows and took a step back a bit, Cat crossed her arms at Sam. "You said you barely have anything to pay your rent, you've been rejected from jobs, work for me and I'll pay you. So you won't have to pay me for the damage you did to my white shoes that are now dirty" she suggested, stoll with an attitude though. Sam was debating, "I know you know that you don't have any other choice but to live your life being a failure of an actress" Cat uttered, Sam groaned discreetly. "Fine. Deal. Only because I need it" she agreed, Cat nods. "Good. Here's my address, be there at 7 am SHARP" Cat sternly said. She still had somewhat of a high pitched voice but not as high as before.

-The next day-
-7:01 am-

Sam arrived, there was traffic so she was a minute late. She saw Cat's big Hollywood hills house and she was so shocked. She rang the doorbell and the door opened, it was Cat greeting her with a punch on the arm, "You're late!" she exclaimed. Sam was used to punches and all so she didn't really mind, "I was just 1 minute late!" she exclaimed, "Don't talk back to me! Now come in" Cat let her in and pulled her to the couch. "Here's a contract of your job for me, I'll pay 20k for every month for a whole year. You will cook for me, schedule my appointments to places like the dentists, talk to my manager, take my calls EXCEPT my personal friends, you are not to call me Cat or any other nickname, you have to call me Catarina or Ms.Valentine, you will drive me to places I need to go, and you'll wear this" she pointed at the pantsuit on the coffee table. "You will also clean. I have a maids quarters so you'll be living here for a year" she added. Sam read the contract and sighed, she signed it. "Alright. Now GET CHANGED!" Cat ordered Sam, she nods and starts to get changed, Cat already showed Sam where the rooms, closets, and bathrooms are.

Sam walked inside the bathroom to change. Cat walked up to her room to keep the contract there.

Sam's pov

Oh God, what did I get myself into? *sigh* I'll just deal with this new Cat for a year. It won't be that bad.... right?
After changing, I heard Cat order something from me. Ugh, going up the stairs.. what does she need this big of a house for? I reach Cat's bedroom, "Make a sandwich" Cat ordered me, this is going to be one long long long year.